I am just a beginner, I wonder if it is worth it subscribing to wordtracker?
    Or is the Overture suggestion tool good enough?

Wordtracker is worth it

ABW Ambassador
    I agree. I don't use it as much as I should, but it always helps when I do.

I had the same question. I paid for a one day subscription.
    I will use it again. :cool:

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree. Wordtracker is definitely worth it! Do pay for the 1-day subscription to test it instead of judging by their lame-ola free trial. It's a world apart. For one, with the paid versions you can see what people are looking for on GOOGLE instead of that other little engine.

One thing, though, if you're looking for mis-spellings check out that link someone posted here (at ABW). I think the thread was titled "Misspellings Search" or something else equally as obvious. That free misspellings tool does beat the WT misspelling tool by quite a bit.

But for the regular spellings, I haven't seen anything to beat WordTracker yet.

ABW Ambassador
    I practically live and breathe according to WordTracker. For me it's a must-have.

Its a really good tool, can't afford it right now though. I use overture's free word queries, it gives me a pretty idea.

Leader

Do you mean this post for the misspellings web site?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, that's it!

I didn't check enough to get to the popup hell part that Karl mentioned in that thread, though. I just tested one word I had already checked in WordTracker, and that gave me a clear idea of what the other site did.

Like everyone else has said, Wordtracker is definitely worth it. The first time I fine-tuned the pages for my boutique (fine-tuning is an on-going process), I rented Wordtracker for a week and used it for every single page. The first couple of days was fun, got sort of tedious by the end (keyword optimization is not my idea of a dream job), but it was definitely worth the time I took and every cent I paid (and the money really wasn't much - the year fee looks daunting, but a day or a week's rental is manageable for most).

Actually I was so happy with Wordtracker, I dropped them a line to tell them so when my week was up! And I will be using them again.

Yes.

I also used WT for one month stints to fine tune pages I'd gotten in the ball park via OverSure suggestion tool already. That way I had a whole list to work on, and had the same reaction as Janiss.

By last January, the annual fee seemed awfully cheap for the ROI I reap.

Guess I have to sign up for the 1 day thing to really test it out. Is the result from the trial greatly different from the subscription one?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep. The freebie trial does not do justice to the product at all.

$7/day!
    I dont know. IF they are going to give me a profit bigger than that, I'll give it a chance.
    I did NOT liked the free trail!

Wordtracker is good. But I do not want anybody else using it to promote the things I promote, OK?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just to make it crystal clear - although people have mentioned it in this thread already - the Wordtracker free version and the real (read : paid) deal are worlds apart! After my paid week, I tried going back to the trial for just one page, and I was, like, "Uh-uh, this don't work for me!"

I seriously recommend trying the paid version for at least one day (and really block out a few hours on that day to make it worth your while) - I mean, you could spend more at McDonald's, and, IMO, Wordtracker is really a healthier option! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    [edited for typo which created unintentional smilie!]

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Janiss ]

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    WT is way worth it. The Oversure suggestion tool is inflated from auto checkers. The results are bogus, and directly affect bid pricing. It should be illegal really.

I refuse to use Oversure because of it.

Now, the only think I don't like about WT is that they don't seem to have any competition. I want to see someone step up and compete with them, which usually makes for better pricing and features.

Jimbo,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Oversure suggestion tool is inflated from auto checkers. The results are bogus, and directly affect bid pricing. It should be illegal really.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 1,000% I think we should really do something about this! When you first posted your gripe I said hmmm but then after looking up a few terms on both I see a MAJOR discrepancy and I mean MAJOR.

Anyone Else?

Haiko

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Haiko,

I'm on it. In fact, you may be seeing a expose/column on this coming your way soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've emailed several top people at Oversure about my suspicions over a month ago, asking for a comment. None received yet. I guess they will be quoted as "did not receive a response to my requests".

Thanks AffiliateMakeover.com for the insight to Overture. I have ben using OVerture a lot for the past year and noticied that my top placements don't get clicked nearly enough for what the OVerture suggestion tool says that the word is searched. I never knew though about auto checkers inflating. I think you guys just sold me on trying out word tracker.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread