Cyber Wednesday - 12/13/06
    More shoppers take online plunge; sales hit $670 million in record day

Some highlights:

* Biggest day this year was Wednesday, 12/13/06, with $670 million in online sales.
    * Biggest day last year was Sunday, 12/11/05, with $556 million in online sales. (12 days so far this year topped $600 million!)
    * Online buyers are up 17% over last year. Average spend is up 7%.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 18th, 2006 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Wrong date! Doh!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Great figures,
    My biggest day so far was Thursday, Wednesday was very good, Friday and Saturday down, (mall shopping) Sunday was almost back to Wednesday.
    We still have a few good days ahead of us.
    I've already made as much this morning as this last Saturday but still far from $670 million in online sales.
    Do we now how much of the $670 million is from affiliates?

Yep... I have broken a few personal records this last week... in traffic and sales...!!!

It seems that people are learning that it is easier to shop online during the holidays... They can get their Christmas shopping done in the AM without even showering or leaving the house... Who needs to waste gas and time fighting the crowds in the B&M's anymore.... who needs it...?? LOL...... Personally I can't STAND going to the "MALL" during the Holidays... It is just too much of a hassle and Waaaay Too Time Consuming........

I say we gut all the malls in America and make them warehouses for Online merchants... LOL....

15 years and counting
    A quick look at my amazon account. I'm not checking everyday.
    Sunday 2006/12/17 conversion is my best since I work with them: 19.64% on over 300 sales + third parties
    I wish I had such conversion for all my merchants. And I'm not really pushing amazon sales. I don't know what kind of deadline (or promotion) they had on Sunday.
    My average (year) is 4.63%

My record best day of all time was Cyber Monday this year. Since then sales have been fantastic, but nothing has come close to that day. I think a lot of it had to do with the bricks and mortar ads that went out over the Black Friday weekend. My traffic soared as people searched for items they read about in the ads.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I wish I had such conversion for all my merchants. And I'm not really pushing amazon sales. I don't know what kind of deadline (or promotion) they had on Sunday.
    It was the last day to use their Free Super Saver Shipping offer and still have the items delivered before Christmas.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    It was the last day to use their Free Super Saver Shipping offer and still have the items delivered before Christmas.
    Thanks, it was a darn good promotion. They should do that more often.

CPA Network Rep
    $670 million? That's amazing! With all that money just floating around out there it's a wonder to me how so many are in poverty or stuck in situations they hate because they can't better themselves. I wish we had a more just world, I really do. However congrats to those who clearly did so well!

ABW Ambassador
    Nice figures there Mike, yesterday I landed my largest single sale commission, last week went fairly well but I have noticed traffic slowed since 16th on most of my sites as I guess most people have done their shopping now and we are just getting the few last minute busy or unorganized shopping stragglers which includes me who always shops on the 24th ...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    The 13th was my biggest day of this holiday season :-) It's been a decline since then.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ojmoo
    The 13th was my biggest day of this holiday season :-) It's been a decline since then.
    I had my biggest day at CJ on Monday, 18th. As long as our merchants have a way to ship their products to arrive on time for Christmas, we'll see sales.

My biggest day was the 18th. I was kind of surprised, as I figured it had already peaked.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread