I have been interested in selling a particular product that I do well with at CJ. I want to actually take the orders over the net and dropship the product to the customer. The problem I am having is, I can't find any information on how to dropship for this company. Its a relatively large company and many merchants at CJ do this. Does anybody know of a large dropshipper source where its easy to find out if can apply to become a distributor for this company? Thanks for any help anyone can lend. I've searched for several hours and have come up with nothing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

not sure if this will help:
    http://www.mydssd.com

And you can browse the types of items and brands they have available at this page: http://info.mydssd.com/default2.htm You'll need a membership to get any information on how to contact the merchants but it should at least give you an idea as to whether buying a membership will give you some leads.

Oh and make sure you read his E-Book. It is great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WARNING: This is a personal experience with the product in the links above and is necessarily indicative of others' experiences.

I paid the $79 for the dropshipper guide, and it was exactly what the site said it would be. However, what the site doesn't tell you is that is not easy to get the big name drop shippers to return phone calls, emails, etc. After two months of trying to set up an aco****, I finally got together with one dropshipper; however, because I was not generating big enough orders, I had a very slim profit margin. After awhile, I realized that I made more as an affiliate of a company selling my product than as a merchant. I closed shop and went back to affiliate marketing.

But that's just me--others have had better experiences.

My experience with dssd is that they mainly have dropshippers who are more small time, many of them are small merchants who sell one or two products. They've decided to offer dropshipping in lieu of or in addition to an affiliate program. Most of these don't seem to be worth my time. They do have a handful that are more sophisticated, but those are often harder to build relationships with. Dave

Fortunately, my drop shipper has been around many years and has thousands of products and a good reputation.

So, I am OK there.

But, thanks for the warning. I am sure you are right about most.

Getting my sales tax number tommorow.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread