The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Angry If you won a contest and no one tells you did you really win?
    I'm going to try and keep the story short.

November 2005, I recieved an email telling me about a contest. Here is part of what I received:
    -----------------------------
    As a member of the Animal Den affiliate program, you will be competing for a $100 gift certificate for being the best performer this holiday season! A combination of your sales growth from November through December, average order size and conversion rate strength will be used to determine who is the programs strongest performer.

I guess I joined and they had my email address b/c I received the confirmation:
    Thank you for registering for our HolidayBlitz 2005 promotion. There are many great prizes, there will be lots of happy winners. You have a very
    good chance of being one of them. All you need to do is promote our
    merchant's products aggressively. Put the merchant's banners on your home
    page, relevant content pages, and "thank you" or other exit pages. Put a
    personal recommendation on your website and in newsletters with a text
    link to a product. Use Partner Centric 's Instant Page Creator to generate
    data feeds that allow you to easily showcase products right on your site
    with no need for programming ability.

Anyway, time went by and I had totally forgot about it. So saurday, I was using google to see where my name was on the web and found this site. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5 ...php/t-626.html I didn't knwo what it was so I looked into it, and I had won. It's clear under animal den. But it was a year later and I didn't remember entering any contest so I look through my emails and found the 2 above emails. Then I looked around to see if I had won, and lo and behold I never receieved an email and I certainly didn't get my prize. I emailed the Partner Centric people but haven't heard back from them.

Anyway, so anyone who won, did they get their prize? Did you (the winners) know you had won.

I am also hoping this post will get them to emaiul me with what happened and where is my prize and a bunch of apologies, stuff like that. I'll email them again at a later time if they don't contact me.

Mike
    Last edited by ojmoo; December 18th, 2006 at 04:58 PM. Reason: couldn't get the quotes working ;-(

I won, was supposed to get the following prizes:

$500 Gift Certificate at NationalGeographic

Ben Hogan CS3 Driver

$50 Gift Certificate at AnimalDen

Brian Tracy University - Increase Your Profits

The Journey to Wild Divine computer game

All I got was the Gift Certificate for NG and the Brian Tracy thing. So got 2 out of 5 prizes.

So yeah, real excited about this year's contest.

Could be something as trivial as spam filters...

G.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Could be something as trivial as spam filters...

G.
    Except that these folks have those folks contact info... spam filters shouldn't have gotten in the way...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Nope, I had talked to the PC people about it, just never got the prizes. Had nothing to do with spam filters.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Nope, I had talked to the PC people about it, just never got the prizes...
    Not good then.

I have run contest on my site, where companies have promised prizes and they never delivered the prize after winners were announced.

You should read the fine print of the contest they tend to include disclaimers that prizes will be given out by a third party and if you do not recieve a prize the person running the contest isn't responsible. But if the company is a trust worthy one they will try to compensate you anyway. I did when EA bailed.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    it all depends. I have run contest, like $100 cash to free stay at our resort.

I email them and then I send out the prizes (or credit their a.c via linkshare). Heck, if they don't get the email, they will be suprised

As Hardwaregeek mentioned, it all lies in the T&C. I do not think they will give it to you cos they might just write it off or select another user/winner

Theye didn't email me or notify me in any way. If I have the initial email and the thank you for registering email don't you think if I had gotten the you won email I would ahve that too :-)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Mike, thanks for the heads up, but that link doesn't work for me. Would you repost it please?

I remember getting something in the mail about the contest results that was sent months after the contest ended. Didn't exactly inspire confidence.

Internet Cowboy
    My guess is that PC will make good on it if they have to, if they are still managing the program.

Lightbulb
    but sounds like the company was more interested in looking good than being good.

Internet Cowboy
    If anything it is a deadbeat merchant. No management firm is going to risk the bad PR for a hundred bucks. I've had some minor issues with PC managed programs but have always found PC themselves to be great to work with.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I ran a contest just before the ARC / AM seminar in Chicago in August, and hand delivered the $100.00 cash prize to the winner the night before classes began. That way I made sure that no "filters" interferred with the award notification!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Even if the merchant reneged on awarding the prize the management company should have made good on it, rather than risk the bad PR.

It wasn't just Mike who had an issue with the contest, it was also Connie and there may have been others. They need to send a rep here to address this issue and clear the air.

I give away lots of prizes on my site ( this month over $11,500) and if my merchants don't follow through, I provide the prizes myself. Fortunately only two companies in five years have failed to give the prizes they promised, but I can say it has taken LOTS of follow up to make sure prizes are sent. For my December Contest, I usually still have a few merchants in Feb and March who have not sent prizes, but I don't stop bugging them until they do ( so if you sponsor my contests, you will be sick of me if you don't send the prizes, lol). If someone cannot be responsible enough to make sure winners get prizes, they shouldn't have contests. Just my opinion.

If anything it is a deadbeat merchant. No management firm is going to risk the bad PR for a hundred bucks.
    [restraining myself]
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

NO need to restrain yourself...we are all friends here.

Moo

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread