Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Campran - Out of Business
    I received this from Campran today:

I regret to inform you that Campran is no longer in business. Please cease all advertising on our behalf immediately.

Thank you and I apologize again,
    Tauri
    Campran
    I never promoted them, so no loss for me, just a heads up to those of you who do and didn't get the email.

Well I did..joined a few months ago. No sales from them though.

Joey

Campran
    We received notice about Campran today 12/31/2006. Please let me know when any of you received notice.

Wow, this is really bad.

I got my 3rd phone call today from Campran customers who didn't know that the company had gone out of business. 2 of them spent over $2k on pool tables that they did not receive, and one sent the rails of his pool table back to them for repair, and now has a pool table with no rails.

Does anybody know of any action these people can take to recover losses?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If they just paid and used their Credit card, one can always reverse / dispute it via credit card co. As for the missing rails, i do not think one will get it except to call and call.

You can always do a who is and trackdown one of the board of directors or executives. There is an 'agent' for the company that executes something when it goes under, will try to think of a name.

You can get some help from the local BBB or AG, if they are willing to help.

I never received an email about deactivation, but I dont promote them strongly either.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    If they just paid and used their Credit card, one can always reverse / dispute it via credit card co. As for the missing rails, i do not think one will get it except to call and call.

You can always do a who is and trackdown one of the board of directors or executives. There is an 'agent' for the company that executes something when it goes under, will try to think of a name.

You can get some help from the local BBB or AG, if they are willing to help.
    Great suggestions Eric. The guy with the missing rails has the President's personal cell phone number, but she doesn't pick up.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    There's a long thread here about their 50 daily "join our program" emails - I made a formal complaint with the BBB and a formal complaint to Linkshare (to the point lawyers were almost involved)

I like when I'm right

They took their domain offline
    http://www.campran.com/index.php

google still caches the site
    http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Well... now that they're gone, anyone have any suggestions for a good company to replace them with? CJ has some new company called "Brazza Billiards", but they have one of those big toll-free numbers at the top of each page and they don't have much selection.

I just recently started promoting Campran and I have $69 dollars coming that I suppose I will never see.

BTW, anyone care to place bets on how long it will take LinkShare to get around showing them as deactivated?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

thanks mike
    hi guys
    im in
    i signed up just to post the entire story and expose all of their info for all to share. im brian the guy who sent back my bad rails. i have all the info you will need. its going to take me a while to type this story but i will post as soon as i am done.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    be carefull... it's a PUBLIC forum

Hmmm, only last month issued a press release, everything seemed to be ok. Never can tell i guess...
    http://www.1888pressrelease.com/bill...1y50q97es.html

ReallyTicked, I understand your frustration.
    You might want to consider not SHOUTING thoughout the whole posting. I read through everything and i understand your plight, but most likely a moderator will zap it cos shouting and posting private info of the employees that are working for that company. They are just some unlucky employees that are caught in this chapter 9 or 11

all the best and yes, writing a stong letter to AG, BBB, etc will help but be firm and no SHOUT all the way.

Thanks For The Advice
    I Wont Shout Anymore
    But All The Names I Mentioned Were The People I Delt With Directly And Got The Run Around From Every One Of Them

All the best, I am not sure how the CEO go to bed at night but I guess it's just another's day of work

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    You know what is really strange?

Punch in Campran.com in google search.....and look at the sponsored link.

When you click it....you'd think that the page not found blah blah blah thing would come up.....but oh no.....it goes to an extra sexy page on their website that appears to be still open.....talk about Ghetto, all may not be what it appears to be.

Campran.com......welcome to the world of Ghetto Marketing

I toast my 40 to you

Inspector Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, looks like only their home page is offline, the other pages come up fine. But the site is not taking orders:

Shopping Cart Temporarily Unavailable

On the very bottom of the page above the copyright:

http://www.campran.com/789billiard-prod.php

It tells you all the places you can contact on them.

I also bought a table from them on e-bay. Any other coarse of action a person can take to try to get my money back would be appreciated. Please help
    Thanks

There is a thread on e-bay about this person also
    http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.js...410461&start=0

wow.. quite a lot of buys left hangging on ebay

i just looked at the conversations on ebay. your right i am not alone here. these people scammed alot of people. i just offered them the same info i gave you guys. i hope they can all get there money back from the credit card companies. its to late for me i have this half a piece of junk already installed.

Campran got me too.
    I was taken by campran also. I ordered on Oct 27 06. was told on Nov 27 06 through email that my table had been built and was awaiting shipment from china. tried to email them on dec 18 06 and no reply. received their email dec 31 saying due to catastrophic embezzelment from the chinese factory owner tha ti would not be getting my table. I paid with a credit card. I have talked to the credit card company and have filled out the paper work to dispute. the way it works is, when you dispute the charges the credit card company will deduct the charges from your account. if the company says they sent your item they have to show where you signed for it. if they cannot show proof of delivery, they loose. if the company goes out of business as in this case then the credit card company eats the charges. they have insurance for this. you have six monthes to dispute this charge.

addition to comments
    we that did not get a table are the lucky ones. we can get another one. but reallyticked i don't think you will get anybody to make you a set of rails. i ordered a new table to take the place of this one from the first company i had looked at originally. i ordered from pool tables direct. the table is a little more money but it looks as if it is a more stable company. good luck reallyticked.

For Now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast