Todd,

How often do the merchants update their feeds? If its whenever they feel like it why don't you guys make it mandatory for them to update at least once a month if they are going to use that feature but preferably weekly or twice a month!

There are so many dead products in them its pathetic.

Why do merchants bother to put up only 1 or 2 items in a feed? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Please please please clean up the product database and convince some of your other merchants to take advantage of it :-)

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

I get the feeling that a lot of merchants just "add on" rather than upload a real, new, updated product datafeed. It really is a pity that the product data is so full of out of stock items all the time.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I don't mean to be rude, but in my opinion CJ allows the merchant to do whatever they damn well like as long they pay CJ the monthly fee, CJ allows merchants too much freedom. What other network allows merchants to reverse transactions and cut cookies at will? Concerning reversed transactions, if CJ really cared about the publishers they should make the merchants fill out a detailed report into why each transaction was reversed. Sorry to go off topic, buts thats CJ!

We could try to turn a negative into a positive.

Wouldn't it make sense to run a contest on your site with a notification on every single page saying (if you click one of our links to buy a product and your product is "out of stock" click here to fill out this simple form. You'll be entered into a drawing to win *???* and receive our weekly newsletter.

We would know what links are dead, what the customer wants to buy and we get another signup on our newsletter.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Hmm interesting

I send a list to cj of the merchants with the bad datafeeds and I suddenly start getting dropped from a few of those programs.

Ah well, no skin off my nose - lots of other merchants to push that give a darn!

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread