15 years and counting
    Announcing Monthly Payments for 2007!
    Announcing Monthly Payments for 2007!

Check Associates Central

"As we wrap up 2006 we have some great news for 2007! Beginning January 1, 2007, standard Amazon Associates payments will be monthly instead of quarterly, paid approximately 60 days after the end of each month. For example, referral fees earned in January will be paid at the end of March, and payment of referral fees earned in February will be paid at the end of April. As part of this change, referral fee tiers will be adjusted to reflect monthly instead of quarterly item quantities."

July 1996 - January 2007. It was about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    July 1996 - January 2007. It was about time.

Well, it's a lot of work coaching your accounting department to do a little extra work ;p
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Lightbulb
    maybe also they still have an archaic computer system. not to mention the hidebound mentality upstairs that still insists on a one-day cookie.

I think their recruiting efforts would improve if they'd extend the return days a little. (note aStore ads here at ABW)

Amazon converts best for me even though almost all of the other programs have longer cookies. The monthly payments are OK with me but I will probably earn less some months because of it and 60 days after the month is kind of dumb.

Also another change is the check processing fee jumps from $8 to $15. Time to go to direct deposit.

any idea, please, when next payment will be?
    Hi, I only have about 60 dollars from the 4th quarter, and am wondering when they will pay. Thanks for any information!

They switched from quarterly to monthly, but extended terms from Net 30 to Net 60, so it's essentially no change. For instance, here's the difference for the next quarter:

January earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Now paid around 3/31
    February earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Still paid around 4/30
    March earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Now paid around 5/31

It'll basically be the same every quarter. The first month of the quarter, you'll get 1 month quicker than you would have. The last month of the quarter, you'll get 1 month later than you would have. The only real difference I see would be Q4 (of 2007). Since December is much bigger for pretty much all of us than October, the "monthly payments" is actually a slight negative. Compared to the current quarterly payment plan, we'll get payments for October (2007) one month sooner (12/07, making it taxable in 2007 for those using Cash Basis accounting), but will have to wait one month longer for December (2007) payments (2/28/08 instead of 1/31/08).

If they had a way to opt out and stay with quarterly payments, that's what I would do.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you, Michael
    Hi, I am not quite sure I understand, tho... Amazon will pay when, please, for the commissions earned in the 4th quarter of 2006? Will that money come in January or do I have to wait until end of February? Thank you for your kind explanations.

Hi, I am not quite sure I understand, tho... Amazon will pay when, please, for the commissions earned in the 4th quarter of 2006? Will that money come in January or do I have to wait until end of February? Thank you for your kind explanations.
    Payment time depends on where you receive payment (what country) and what payment method you have requested. Checks should be received in late January in the U.S. except you would have had to earn at least $100 total for that. Plus pay a check charge. Payments made by Electronic Fund Transfer to a bank in the U.S. only have to be for $10 or over for the quarter and incur no extra charge. Those can be expected late in January also.

For payment to countries outside the U.S. you may have to ask associates [at] amazon.com for more information or ask in their forum.

Herb, thank you!
    Hi, Herb! I am in the US and have direct deposit so this is wonderful news that I can expect the commissions end of January. Thanks a lot and HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY IN THE FORUM!!

this is good news for me too! Thanks for posting!

Net 60 -- a temporary adjustment
    Michael --

You made a very good point here. As they stand, monthly payments do not provide significant advantage over the quarterly payment system.

I have a very strong intuition that Amazon changed terms from Net 30 to Net 60 to get the glitches worked out of the monthly payment system. I have a strong feeling that if everything works out smoothly during the first payment cycle, terms will return to Net 30, which would be a significant win for associates.

Gene Kavner, Former World-Wide Director, Amazon Associates, 2005-2006.
    Affiliate and Amazon Associates Tools | Gene Kavner Blog | Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They switched from quarterly to monthly, but extended terms from Net 30 to Net 60, so it's essentially no change. For instance, here's the difference for the next quarter:

January earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Now paid around 3/31
    February earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Still paid around 4/30
    March earnings - Would have been paid by 4/30 - Now paid around 5/31

It'll basically be the same every quarter. The first month of the quarter, you'll get 1 month quicker than you would have. The last month of the quarter, you'll get 1 month later than you would have. The only real difference I see would be Q4 (of 2007). Since December is much bigger for pretty much all of us than October, the "monthly payments" is actually a slight negative. Compared to the current quarterly payment plan, we'll get payments for October (2007) one month sooner (12/07, making it taxable in 2007 for those using Cash Basis accounting), but will have to wait one month longer for December (2007) payments (2/28/08 instead of 1/31/08).

If they had a way to opt out and stay with quarterly payments, that's what I would do.

Hi, again...As I read the Amazon monthly payment announcement, it seems to me that the last quarter of 2006 will be paid end of February (60 days) and perhaps not the end of January as we were thinking... Ah well, the money is welcome whenever it arrives...

Amazonut -- I believe that Net 60 starts with the January payment; it doesn't apply to Q4'06. You should get paid for Q4'06 by the end of Jan. Jan payment will arrive by the end of March after which time you should get paid monthly.

Gene Kavner, Former World-Wide Director, Amazon Associates, 2005-2006.
    Affiliate and Amazon Associates Tools | Gene Kavner Blog | Consulting

Thank you, Gene. That would be SUPER! My visitors like Amazon products and I put up more links all the time. Thanks again for your kind information!

Well, so much for a "January" payment...

Am I the only one still waiting on my Q4 direct deposit? Amazon's site shows it was processed and sent out on 1/31, and it still doesn't show up in my account as of 2/5 at 9:50 a.m. cst. Ugh..

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    My direct deposit showed up today.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    My direct deposit showed up today.
    Nice,
    02/05/2007 Deposit AUTOMATED CREDIT AMAZON.COM DISBURSE

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread