Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What are You Doing for Christmas?
    Doing anything special for Christmas this year?!

Share it in this thread...

It'd be fun to learn what ABW-ers across the globe have in their plans for this very special time of the year.

Geno

Saturday: Going to my parents house to celebrate, asuuming it's still standing...

Sunday: Going to the inlaws, which always turns into a 7&7 soaked happy hour and lots of fun.

Xmas: The wife and I have a tradition of spending the whole day alone. It's one of my favorite days of the year
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Xmas for the Kids
    Christmas is for the kids right now at my house. Just enjoying the day home, and probably putting together "some assembly" required toys. :-)
    Then skype all far away relatives and close friends.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Taking the in-laws out to dinner Xmas Eve and spending Xmas Day at MIL's house.

Good luck Noth. Keep your Mom away from flammable objects.

Happy holidays everybody!

We always reserve Christmas day for just my immediate family (my wife and my kids), but we'll be over at my parents on the 23rd for the extended family get-together.

Traditions: we always open one present on Christmas Eve, and my wife always makes these awesome, amazing cinnamon rolls on Christmas Morning :-)

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Delivering gifts to some relatives tonight.

My Family Christmas at our house tomorrow.

My husbands family Christmas at his moms house on Sunday.

Our Christmas with our kids on Monday.

I am headed out right now to get a couple last minute items and the food for the next couple of day.

Wish me luck... hope the stores aren't too nuts!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Internet Cowboy
    I am flying to Dallas on Saturday to spend four days with four of my sisters and my Mom and associated and assorted neices, nephews and family friends. I'm not looking forward to the airport on Saturday.

Tax Paying Member
    More Rushed Each Year
    Geno,
    You did not tell us your happenings for the holidays.

Last night Christmas with my daughter at home.

Saturday....My parents.

Sunday....Some of my wife's family.

Monday at Home

Tuesday....We leave for St Simons Island, Ga.......Actually my wife will be working their Wed, Thur, Fri. If you must be working, this is the place to do it.

Sat & Sun.... More of my wife's family.

Monday......back home.

PS.....
    I asked Santa for twin engined Cesna...........Oh well...Maybe next year.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Geno,
    You did not tell us your happenings for the holidays.
    Thank you for asking, Witzer.

Unfortunately, Christmas the 25th of December isn't celebrated in Russia (neither nationally, nor in families) as it is Western Europe and the Americas. For Russians the New Year's is that family celebration that Christmas is for Americans (or Western Europeans). Also, in Russia itself they would take a long week off between 31 December and 7 January (the Orthodox Christmas), and... oh, well, everyone would celebrate it differently.

Lena, Anastasia and myself are going to Finland. It isn't very snowy this winter (hardly any snow) in NW Russia or Scandinavia, but we hope to get some closer to the New Years... So we're going to Finland on 29 Dec to be there thru 4 Jan. Since there's not much snow, we will probably not be able to do the snowmobiling, ice fishing and rides in reindeer and husky sleighs... Oh, well... We'll still have fun, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!

Geno

Online Marketing Consultant
    Going to a few different parties and having my bday party =0)

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Going to a few different parties and having my bday party...
    On what date?

Online Marketing Consultant
    New years Day is my bday but we are going out all weekend this weekend and just considering it a 21st again for the millionth time LOL

Cool. 1 Jan is a cool day for a birthday. Easy to remember too...

G.

Turn off my phone, unplug my computer, lock my door and sleep, sleep, sleep!

See you on Tuesday.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    We're heading up to my in-laws in Northern Utah (Cache Valley).. xmas eve we're all going to Hardware Ranch.. don't know much about the place except you go on sleigh rides and they take you up close to all the elk that migrate to the lower elevations and hang out for the winter..

xmas day we'll just relax and play with our twin nephews (they're around 15 months old )

Turn off my phone, unplug my computer, lock my door and sleep, sleep, sleep!
    That sounds about right! I'll be relaxing!

(by the way, I'm in agreement with Geno. New Years is the holiday for me!)
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    (by the way, I'm in agreement with Geno. New Years is the holiday for me!)
    You are in agreement with the Russians then. I didn't say I think it is more important (in fact, I believe, that Christmas is WAY more important in the meaning behind it). The prioritization is still different in Russia (due to the 70+ years of communism in this country, I guess).

Geno

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Dunno..
    gonna rain really hard in FL

going somewhere for turkey and stay @ home I guess

Christmas used to be my favorite time of year, I couldn't wait until Thanksgiving came so I could pull out the decorations and hit the shopping malls.

In 02 we introduced the Jack Russell Terrier to our home so I KNEW better than to decorate. Trust me this dog is the biggest brat on the face of the earth. I don't want vet bills because he chose to eat the lighting off the tree and knowing this dog, he would attack the tree.

Moving forward to 06, we still have that little JRT in our home, and my decorations have lived in the closets for all these years, still untouched.

Each year we celebrated less and less and now sadly we have gotten into the habit of not celebrating Christmas at all. (not in the traditional commercial way)

I guess we just need a "Christmas Miracle" around our house to yank us back into the spirit of the season. Speaking of that Christmas spirt, wouldn't it be great if it lasted 365 days, what a wonderful world this would be. I really never could figure out how 1 month of the year the meanest of folks could suddenly become nice.

Our Children are grown and gone, they can't make it here to visit us this year nor will we get to go visit them. We are planning a "most of the day" phone chat

Probably the most important thing we do this Christmas is helping a friend cope with the recent loss of his wife. Thanksgiving was very difficult for him and he said he dreaded Christmas with a passion. We invited him to come stay with us this weekend and he gladly accepted the offer.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to each and every one of you. Please be safe in your travels this season!

Well, I am a Christian Orhodox like you Geno (I am from Macedonia), and we celebrate Christmas on January 7 also. I think that only the countries that came out of former USSR, Romania, Serbia, and Macedonia still celebrate Christmas by the old calendar. Everyone else has switched to the new calendar. As far as I know, Macedonia will most likely switch to the new calendar from next year. So, I guess this is the last year that I celebrate Christmas on January 7. From next year, it will be December 25.

Nevertheless, I will be going away this weekend because it is a pitty not to take this holiday off because nobody is working anyhow. I really need a brake, and this is it. I am running away before someone pulls me back. I am taking my family here near Vancouver, i.e. I am taking them to Whistler, the ski resort. We'll do some skiing, hiking, eating, drinking, and all that. You know, fun stuff you do with your family.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov

Thank you for asking, Witzer.

Unfortunately, Christmas the 25th of December isn't celebrated in Russia (neither nationally, nor in families) as it is Western Europe and the Americas. For Russians the New Year's is that family celebration that Christmas is for Americans (or Western Europeans).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!

Geno

Geno,

[Edited before I post it, because]

I no longer give a , about some BS...... so.............

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrate Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone else!

Sal, that's an approach too. In Russia the greeting's sequence would be different: Happy New Year & Merry Christmas. But what does it matter as long as a person's priorities are set right?!.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS, everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBet
    Well, I am a Christian Orhodox like you Geno (I am from Macedonia), and we celebrate Christmas on January 7 also...
    I had a feeling you're Slavic too, Alex. Looking forward to meeting you in person in Vegas, and Merry Christmas to you!!

Geno

This afternoon most of the family is going to my nephews. Tomorrow is my turn to host everyone. My family has the tradition of visiting each other to "see the tree". The visits spread over the week of Christmas to New Years. Christmas Day used to be the day we made sure to visit my parents and my husbands parents, they loved seeing their grandchildren, especially on the holidays. Since they're all now gone we will spend the day in my home and the kids can enjoy all their new things. We exchange & open gifts with relatives during our visits but our gifts to each other (me my husband and our children) wait til Christmas Day.

I did most of my baking yesterday, have a couple more cakes & pies to do this morning and again tomorrow morning. I still have to send out Christmas cards, think they'll be late?

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Just arrived home to North Carolina for a week of family and relaxation!

60 degrees at midnight...Christmas weather
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    pigging out on a variety of feasts and opening presents.

We started tonight with honey baked ham and all sorts of goodies.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast