I orginally posted this in the CJ forum, but realized it would probably get better visibility here. Would appreciate your comments.

I have a high traffic site that I think would link well to a new clothing site I want to develop. Can anyone tell me if they are having much luck with clothing and if there is anything I should stay away from? Also, is there a high charge back percent with clothing items?

7-days,

I am a few month into affiliate marketing and I focused a lot on intimiate apparel type items and I have been doing pretty well with essentialapparel.com. They convert very well since they sell a broad range of apparel items ranging from underwear to sportswear. Their affiliate program is run through CJ and I hardly ever get a reversal. I suggest you check them out. www.essentialapparel.com

Yes.
    It reverses well also, depending on the merchant.

I recommend staying out of the designer handbags game. Major problems with all the merchants. Search the forums for posts on Rafaello Ties for instance [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Some folks like selling clothing, some don't. Try it. If it's not for you, try something else. The wonderful world of affiliate marketing!

The clothing merchants are a constant debate. I have found that they tend to convert very well, but the high reversal rate is extremely frustrating. I've probably made a decent amount of money from them, but when I check my stats and see that the amount of money I'm owed has gone down and I look at reports and see that my clothing merchants have reversed again, I always debate whether to keep them or dump them. I guess the message is that you can make money with them, but don't count it until it's in your bank account. If reversals frustrate you too much, look elsewhere.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Clearwater Creek (LS merchhant) has some nice lines of women's apparel and great creatives and I get sales that stick from Fredricks of Hollywood and even Overstock sportswear items sell.

try to stay clear of size dependant clothing and you should see the reversal problem go away.

Thanks for all the advice. I came across a fantastic domain name for clothing sales and think I will give them a try at a dedicated web site.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Coldwater Creek is currently offering to affiliates a promotion with this offer code, WHH8104, expires on 8/31/02. The offer code is for $15 0ff $100 or $30 off $150. That should definitely help with conversions.

more info here: Insight

ABW Ambassador
    There's another thread about this somewhere here, but I do nicely with the plus size stuff, mainly those at Performics.

And Coldwater Creek (even though they're not exclusively plus size) are the only LS merchant that covert at all for me, in ANY category.

Outsourced Program Manager
    We have a bonus program going on right now. Just and FYI

Make 1 sale - Get a $25 bonus
    Make more than $500 in sales - Get a $50 bonus
    Make more than $2000 in sales - Get a $200 bonus
    Make more than $5000 in sales - Get a $400 bonus
    Make more than $10,000 in sales - Get a $750 bonus
    Make more than $40,000 in sales - Get a $1,250 bonus!!!

And if you hit $100,000 we will send you a bonus check for $3,500!

Just let me know via email that you would like to join this promotion.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread