Am I a success?
    So I started getting into AM almost 2 years ago.. I now make more than I ever would by working for someone else. This gets me to thinking, how much do some of the top producers in this industry earn? I'm talking NET profit.

Are A LOT of people making more than $100k a year? Are A LOT of people making more than $500k a year? More than $1M a year? Again, I'm not talking gross revenue but NET earned income..

http and a telephoto
    Success isn't measured in dollars....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'd say, quite a few make more than $100k a year, several $500k+, and some more than $1M. The veterans of affiliate marketing will tell you that it is never as easy as it was 8-10 years ago, but there's still money in this field of online marketing -- good money for everyone...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Success isn't measured in dollars....
    True too (if we're talking "success" in broader meaning).

In some situations it is better to be happy, healthy and have a wonderful family than work your a** off day and night, killing your prostate or whatever it is you're sitting on... If we're talking overall success, there has to be a balance between work and happy living there.

Geno

I think it really depends on where you're at. If you're working a full time job maybe success is quitting the job. After that maybe sucess is doubling your previous salary. Then maybe breaking the $1mil/year mark. Then a final mark of success might be getting acquired by Amazon, eBay, Yahoo or Google for $50mil+

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Anything you would care to share Scott? Should I start watching CNBC Business News?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Then a final mark of success might be getting acquired by Amazon, eBay, Yahoo or Google for $50mil+

- Scott
    The American Dream 2.0
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Anything you would care to share Scott? Should I start watching CNBC Business News?
    Not this year, but we'll see now the next couple years fare

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I consider it a success to make more than what you did working for someone else. It shows that entrepreneurship is still alive and well and by investing time in your own dreams and goals you can accomplish more then past investments into someone else's goals. Pat yourself on the back - you broke through the affiliate ceiling of successful self-employment.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Tax Paying Member
    When I started, I did not know what an affiliate was. Some people think that I still don't know. It really doesn't matter, success was getting that first check. Success expanded to getting a check each month.

Now for my dream.................
    Then a final mark of success might be getting acquired by Amazon, eBay, Yahoo or Google for $50mil+

- Scott
    I dont' want to be acquired by one of these babies...........I want one of those babies for my own.........Where is Santa Claus when you need him?????
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Not this year, but we'll see now the next couple years fare

- Scott
    Never loose optimism, Scott!!

Merry Christmas!

Geno

Important to at least set goals
    I started out in June 2006 with the goal of making enough money to be able to quit my part time teaching job, which brings in just over $1000 a month in addition to my regular full time job. It's only one night a week teaching Java at Portland Community College, but there's grading time, and answering questions during the week... it all adds up and takes away from the family.

I'm only half way there now at the end of 2006, and I've worked it out w/ PCC so that I only have to teach online classes (which I can do at all hours of the day... erm, night or early morning). But I'm definitely making progress!

It really helped me to have a tangible and specific goal in mind though. It will be a long while before I replace my full time income, but as they say "ya never know with the internet"

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    I'm only half way there now at the end of 2006, and I've worked it out w/ PCC so that I only have to teach online classes (which I can do at all hours of the day... erm, night or early morning). But I'm definitely making progress!

It really helped me to have a tangible and specific goal in mind though. It will be a long while before I replace my full time income, but as they say "ya never know with the internet"
    Way to go Rick! You're not "only half way there" - You have half of it done and the other half is on the way. I admire that you came into it with an identified / realistic goal! Congratulations!

Scott - let us know before G buys you up so we can buy some G stock before it rises again! Great dream - keep building and make it happen!

This subject always brings a smile to my face!

Alan

Success of course is subjective and applied differently to each individual
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I agree with Loxly....I find success in the ability to stay at home with my children! I still have a while to get where I "really want to be", but I'm happy. In my eyes getting any money is a success of sorts. I see people post that they have earned nothing in months, even years of doing AM.

mel

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor...
    One man's passion is another man's chore...
    No matter if you up on the Penthouse floor...
    You get what you want and you just want more!

I don't want to be rich -- only independently wealthy.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread