CJ Deactivation without notice????
    Out of the blue CJ's system tells me my account has been deactivated. The email address they have been sending my junk to for the last years is not even recognized by their system.

I sent them an email to exactly the place they said for questions...quess what?

You got it...NO REPLY.

Funny thing is that my banners and links still are live and sending traffic to CJs clients...somehow I think they are making their commission, AND MINE now...

I would appreciate info on any similar experiences.

Bottom Line: Like so many others have said...Commissions Junction is a bunch of thieves who don't care one iota about affiliates.

Lightbulb
    Well, they are certainly hard to get along with, some days . . .

The normal happening is that they don't see any orders at all from your account for six months and they pull the plug. If that's the case, links that still work probably aren't making them any money.

If you haven't sent any orders you may as well re-apply under a new email addy, re-apply to everyone you need to, and get on with it.

If you have, then good luck but you may get an answer from them.

I actually like CJ..the interface is fairly straightfowad to use, along with 2 months in a row, commisions were paid on the 20th (direct deposit). I have been taking lots of time to set up 10-12 sites before really marketing them..and now I just discovered what "smart zones" are all about.....I like that too..

even with a few sales, I hope they don't just pull the plug, along with the individual merchants, pulling the plug...

I had placed google ads on a lot of the sites, traffic racked up $180.00 before THEY pulled the plug, said I had too many clicks unauthorized...and I never clicked on anything myself, or encouraged any one to do so....THAT was a real waste of time...so now I get nothing at all.....

point is, this is a lot of work, and learning has its price........

...I feel your pain....

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    CJ - they disable accounts for all reasons and they will say, we can't enable your account

The two reasons I've seen for disabling accounts:

1) No commissionable transactions for six months.
    2) Fraud.

Would either of those apply?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The two reasons I've seen for disabling accounts:

1) No commissionable transactions for six months.
    2) Fraud.

Would either of those apply?
    The no commission thing does not really jive with me. Have a personal LS acct for many years and did nothing. Within the last year or 2, I got back into aff marketing and won some LS $$ awards .
    CJ's loss...
    Being a merchant now, I have little time on my personal LS acct so it's on auto cruise but I am thankful that LS does not can accounts if there is no sale for a few months

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    The no commission thing does not really jive with me. Have a personal LS acct for many years and did nothing. Within the last year or 2, I got back into aff marketing and won some LS $$ awards .
    CJ's loss...
    Being a merchant now, I have little time on my personal LS acct so it's on auto cruise but I am thankful that LS does not can accounts if there is no sale for a few months
    I think (and thank) Amazon.com has the same policy. If you've used some links you're good for quite a while. They never know who is going to be the producers in the future.

I've always wondered about the fraud thing. How can an affiliate do fraudulent things other than cookie stuffing and CJ doesn't really care about that...
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I've always wondered about the fraud thing. How can an affiliate do fraudulent things other than cookie stuffing and CJ doesn't really care about that...
    Affiliate can commit fraud with free/lead offers, or free trial offers, and it definitely happens often. However, it can generally be easy to catch on these programs, as well. There are also a few ways that affiliates could try to commit fraud or game the system with regular merchants on any affiliate systems, but I won't get into details here.

Like Joshua said... There are numerous ways that affiliates can try to defraud CJ and merchants. Not just lead programs (although those are certainly major targets), but also sales programs. You will NOT find any details here. It's nice that honest people can't even THINK of what they would be, much less how to do them. If we had details here, or even general descriptions, it would help enable those who are less than honest and might even tempt some who would otherwise be honest.

If you could see even a tenth of what the compliance teams uncover at the major networks, you would shake your head in disbelief. Some fraudsters are incredibly creative. If they would devote even a fraction of the effort in a legitimate way, they would do incredible.

Back to the topic at hand... I would point out that I'm not accusing Adrian of fraud. I'm just pointing out the two reasons I've seen that CJ has deactivated affiliates in the past.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I think (and thank) Amazon.com has the same policy. If you've used some links you're good for quite a while. They never know who is going to be the producers in the future.
    That is true. Amazon does not can your accout if you do not generate any sales.
    ...unless somebody in Amazon decides to adopt CJ's policy

Happy Holidays,

re
    This is the exact reason why I hate CJ.com.
    It is too much work to put up links and then have them disable one's account out of the blue. They have done this to me several times.
    I view it as a lame excuse to disable an account due to not receiving sales from during a six month period.
    No more.
    One of my sites is a travel site witha PR5 that is focused and has been online over 10 years. My time is too valuable. Whenever possible I deal directly with advertisers and not shady middlemen like cj.com.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread