Wink Haille still believes... do you?
    My daughter Haille (9) is still convinced Santa is real... If you look at him closely, you might just have to second guess it yourself if you had any lingering doubts! Have a happy holiday everyone! Anne
    Attached Images Attached Images

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Anne,

You dressed her up in her Christmas finest for the pic! How cool!

Took my son - who will be a teenager in 2 weeks - and still believes - 2 days ago. Trying to get him to change from his dirty t-shirt to something nice was a chore

http and a telephoto
    Some adults still believe as well.... Christmas miracles still can happen....

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Some adults still believe as well.... Christmas miracles still can happen....

Oh, I KNOW Santa exists. As long as there is generosity and good will in the world, Santa exists.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    I never have believed in Santa, but I do believe in miracles.

Nice pic, she's a real cutie!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Took my son - who will be a teenager in 2 weeks - and still believes - 2 days ago. Trying to get him to change from his dirty t-shirt to something nice was a chore
    Billy,

I, too, thought Lib still believed but she finally copped to not having believed for the past 5 years ... just didn't want to hurt my feelings by letting me know. LOL - Jesse might be playing the same trick on you but hey, it was so much fun pretending all these years, I now miss the mad scramble of getting it all set up before she woke Christmas morning. As long as they want to play along, keep the Santa game going. I still do Santa though. It's too much fun and the kids still love the surprises and intrigue.

Anne - Bless Hallie - she's adorable and looks so happy. Hope she truly believes for many more years!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

What's all this talk about Santa not being real?

Kristin and I took our son to see Santa for the first time last week and he wasn't too sure of the whole situtation which is really odd because he loves people.

I was starting to become doubtful...... but my little one helped me to believe again.

http://forum.abestweb.com/attachment...tid=1193&stc=1
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Kinsey
    Kristin and I took our son to see Santa for the first time last week and he wasn't too sure of the whole situtation which is really odd because he loves people.
    Probably because he sensed something was amiss. LOL - It's funny but also makes me wonder. Little kids can sense stuff which is way cool but we mess with their heads and make them believe (which teaches them to question their natural intuition) and then they learn to disbelieve at some point. Freaks me out. I promised never to lie to my children. Then they got old enough to reason and I had to actually LIE to them to keep the magic of Santa alive. I had big issues with that but didn't want to deprive my kids of the magic I also wanted them to learn, so I did everything in my power to keep them believing, which essentially, was lying to them, which I think breaks trust.

Anyone else feel that way about lying to your kids about Santa?

It's a weird subject to bring up here but hell, we haven't had an intellectual stampede for a while, so there it is.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

http and a telephoto
    *We* are Santa... it isn't a lie....

I totally believe that there is something in all of us that comes out this time of year, whether we want it to or not. And I have for years explained that Santa can't make it all around the world in one night, so parents are the helpers.

We *all* are Santa.... and sometimes unexplainable things happen when the *other* Santa shows up unexpectedly for adults that may not believe....

Quote Originally Posted by [left
    loxly[/left]]*We* are Santa... it isn't a lie....
    True, but we mess with their intuition, getting them to believe it's some mythical guy with FLYING reindeer. LOL - It's insane and they BUY it because we justify the lie and maintain the LIE. We've stripped them of a vital component of the "magic" by stripping their confidence in their gut instincts. Does that make only ME crazy to think about it? LOL - It's possible if so, forgive my ramblings. I'll be back at some point tomorrow. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I will have to be honest. When my son was two years old, I told him all about Santa... and he listened wide eyed until I was done. When I stopped he looked at me and cracked a big grin and said "Yeah, right mom!" He did not buy it and then I said "That is a silly story isn't it?" And we never spoke of Santa as a real thing again... I was relieved he thought I was just telling him a story, so I didn't have to feel like I was telling a lie. I never even wanted to GO THERE but everyone in my family told me I was a meanie to not tell him about Santa... I am glad he saw the truth early and could continue to "play along" and pretend over the years in good fun.

We have always approached Santa as a pretend thing. We believe in Christ and the real reason for Christmas, so by making that our focus of Christmas over the years, and pretending about Santa, it lets us show what we believe is real and what we believe is pretend.

We have always "pretended" about Santa and always frequently said Santa is just pretend and had a giggle. However, this year, one of Haille's good friend convinced her that Santa is real and she needed to believe in him to get on the nice list and stay off the naughty list, so she indepenently proclaimed about three weeks ago that Santa is not pretend, he is real!

So I think that is why I am so delighted with her sitting on Santa's lap for this picture because this is the ONLY year she has proclaimed her belief and she is just beaming at the idea this old guy is bringing her presents. I keep telling her it is silly but she says "NO MOM, he is REALLY real!"

So, long story short, I have never lied to my kids about Santa other than that initial story I told 9 years ago to my son who was wiser than I knew at the time, but I can say it is pretty fun to see how sold Haille is on the idea this year.. Santa peer pressure I guess, lol!

We have always approached Santa as a pretend thing. We believe in Christ and the real reason for Christmas, so by making that our focus of Christmas over the years, and pretending about Santa, it lets us show what we believe is real and what we believe is pretend.
    I'm confused about that statement "it lets us show what we believe is real and what we believe is pretend"

How can you believe in Christ and the real reason for Christmas, but at the same time don't believe in Santa?

I think that if you really believe in Christ, then you will also believe that he is our savior and that he will come back one of this days. So if you can believe that, how come you can't believe in Santa too?

but we mess with their intuition, getting them to believe it's some mythical guy with FLYING reindeer.

It's funny but also makes me wonder. Little kids can sense stuff which is way cool but we mess with their heads and make them believe (which teaches them to question their natural intuition) and then they learn to disbelieve at some point. Freaks me out. I promised never to lie to my children. Then they got old enough to reason and I had to actually LIE to them to keep the magic of Santa alive. I had big issues with that but didn't want to deprive my kids of the magic I also wanted them to learn, so I did everything in my power to keep them believing, which essentially, was lying to them, which I think breaks trust.

All I can say is that when I was a little kid, I didn't knew anything about any Santa Claus, but I was a sucker for the three magic kings, [the three wise men's (Melchior, Gaspar and Balthazar)] the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus.

But after one day that I was on a parade, and I tried to touch one of the three guys camels, and I was told that if I do that I would not get any toys that year, I decided to became a rebel about those three guys.

Few years later I learned about Santa Claus, I learned that you can sit on his lap, and also that you can get your toys on December 25th, instead of January 6th, actually 12 days sooner than with the three wise men's, so I switched my little mind to believe in just one fat guy that can some how was able to mythical fly anywhere with some reindeers, than three guys that travel by camels, bacause I didn't knew how can they be able to cross the ocean come to America in a camel.

So I still believe in Santa Claus and in the tooth fairy too!

The first time that I made some money by leaving one of my baby tooth under my pillow, I thought that I might get rich if I put more teeths under my pillow, so I started to getting rid of my pearly whites, but after I run out of teeths, I run out of easy money too.

Now, I am just waiting for Santa Claus to bring me some new dental implants, so I can go back to make some money with the tooth fairy again.

So as you can see, I still believe in Santa Claus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Kinsey
    What's all this talk about Santa not being real?

It's not just the real Santa that he is afriad of. He doesn't like the stuffed ones either too much. As long as he is far enough away, he's okay and he will wave, but other than that.....
    KK

Christmas as a production was always a big deal at our house. There were lots of things going on at church and we have huge families on all sides. We made personality stockings for everyone who might be under our roof on Christmas Eve and we always left cookies out for Santa.

Did we believe in the literal flying red man? I'm not sure. We still try and leave room in our minds to believe anything that feels right. One Christmas Eve, my in-laws worked hard to make magic for my three little ones. There were lots of whispers and intrigue as we baked cookies, wrapped presents and dripped chocolate everywhere.

About 8 PM, our Christmas Eve celebration was interrupted by Santa Claus! He came in and started passing out more presents and offered his lap to the little ones. My middle son was between 3 and 4 at the time and he whispered in Santa's ear.

"My Grandpa is going to be mad at you. He has to take some presents down the road to some kids and you're wearing his good boots".

Those same kids helped take presents around many times in the Spirit of Santa and once when we were a little shaky financially, we arrived home on Christmas Eve to find beautiful toys waiting that were better than any we ever had before.

Do we believe? You bet. We believe in the magic of Christmas and the truth about make-believe being a way to communicate love and sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I'm confused about that statement "it lets us show what we believe is real and what we believe is pretend"

How can you believe in Christ and the real reason for Christmas, but at the same time don't believe in Santa?

I think that if you really believe in Christ, then you will also believe that he is our savior and that he will come back one of this days. So if you can believe that, how come you can't believe in Santa too?
    I guess you can if you want to. :0)

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Do we believe? You bet. We believe in the magic of Christmas and the truth about make-believe being a way to communicate love and sharing.
    Beautifully expressed Judi...

awhh both of the kiddies look adorable

How do you pronounce her name? My daughter's name is spelled the same way and we get Halle (like Halle Berry) when it is actually pronounced Haylee.

ABW Ambassador
    "Haille still believes... do you?"

Yes, it was proved in court. I saw it on an old black and white movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sea4u
    How do you pronounce her name? My daughter's name is spelled the same way and we get Halle (like Halle Berry) when it is actually pronounced Haylee.

Exactly we say "Hayley" but *sometimes* people say HAIL
    dummies. LOL! Most people say it correctly though

Of course he's real. Here's a picture of him with Gabriel:

That's a real beard, too! You should see the profile shot--did you know Santa has a hearing aid?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

What a picture-perfect Santa. I never thought about a hearing aid, but kids probably wore his ears out centuries ago.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread