Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    One Christmas Celebration Down, Two to go...
    I went to finish up so last minute shopping on Friday and ended up having a crappy time. I came out of Walmart, hopped in the Envoy, turned the key and NOTHING. Dead as a doornail. I managed to get ahold of my brother-in-law who came and tried to jump me, but that didn't work. So we pulled the battery and took it into walmart and had them test it and it had a dead cell. Had to buy a new one for $73.00.

(Then called my husband and told him "Merry Christmas - You got a battery! It has a 3 year warranty!!)

It was pouring ice cold rain and changing the battery took forever because you have to unbolt & remove a crossbar, and battery cover, etc, then put it all back together. I was SOAKED and still had more shopping to do.

I left there and took my mom to Kmart to get some gift cards and a few other things. She had no cash on her and lives on a fixed income so she was using her card. Her total was $269.00. They swipe the card and the system goes down and stays down. We have all kinds of people in line behind us getting impatient. So, I had to cover her purchases for her.

Then we get home, I get stuff put away and the evening is uneventful. In the middle of the night our power goes out and stays out. I got up at 5 am and called the power company. I wanted to call it in early since we had people coming over for a party at 1. I went back to bed and when I got up at 8:30 the power was back on. Yeah!

I was hoping this was not a sign of how the weekend was shaping up.

We had my family Christmas here at the house yesterday. We had a really good time.

The little kids drew names this year and exchanged gifts that way, then all of the adults did more of a 'white elephant' type of gift exchange.

The adults had to buy a gift that was good for a girl or a guy and could be more of a joke item if you wanted to.

We drew numbers. The first person got to pick a gift from the pile and open it. Then number 2 goes and has a choice of stealing the gift from the first person or choosing one from the pile. If your gift gets stolen, you can choose a new one from the pile. The higher the number the more already open gifts you have to choose from. It is a lot of fun.

We ate goodies all day long, then played the dice game "Left Right Center". I think all the gifts that were alcohol were consumed, and also quite a few Yager Bombers. (not for me!)

My 16 yr old daughter cleaned up in Left, Right Center. She rolled all her quarters at the end of the game and she had won $40.00. She started out with $4.00, so she was up $36.00! Stinker!!

Today we are off the my husbands family Christmas party. I suspect this one will be a little more low key, but still plenty fun.

Tomorrow we have low key Christmas here at home.

So, how is everyone else's Holiday weekend going?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

http and a telephoto
    After a shaky start it sounds like your holidays are going in the right direction now...

I remember well the days of "multiple celebrations". When my children were young they had 2 sets of divorced grandparents and 2 out of town great-grandparents. And my parents didn't get along with THEIR parents so their wasn't any combining of celebrations. So each year we had no less than 6 celebrations to attend. Made for a looooooooong week, exhausting, but also great for the kids to see all the extended family. We started early on keeping Christmas day for "just us", if people wanted to stop by that was fine, but it was the one day we *didn't* travel.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    That is how our Christmas day is too. We don't go anywhere.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread