ABW Ambassador
    Anyone use Crazy Browser?
    http://www.crazybrowser.com/

A free tabbed browser that is faster than IE/Netscape. I love it because I an keep ABW, CJ, Performics etc open at the same time and click between them without having lots of taskbar icons.

Just curious - how do the pages look? You know how different browsers make pages look different - how do they look in this browser?

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    They look the same as IE to me. I suspect it uses the IE dll's stored on the computer.

ABW Ambassador
    I should mention here that one of the best things about Crazy Browser is getting links from Performics. I hate the way IE opens the "Build you own links" merchant page in a small browser window that cannot be resized (correct me if I am wrong here). With Crazy browser, the merchant site opens on a new tab FULL SCREEN.

As I understand it Crazy Browser, like the similar Netcaptor, basically just replaces the shell that is IE's user interface - all the underlying parts would be the same.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaybat:
    As I understand it Crazy Browser, like the similar Netcaptor, basically just replaces the shell that is IE's user interface - all the underlying parts would be the same.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beleieve it does use IE shell but it behaves differently making it a great browser. Stops annoying popups too (sore topic for affiliate marketing forum?) which I love. Tabbed interface makes it better to use when you get used to it IMO

Oh, and did I say Crazy Browser is FREE?
    Thats one up on Netcaptor - Netcaptor cost $29.95

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: perfectG ]

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: perfectG ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That part about it making the Perf. link windows open like they should instead of how some unthinking designer programmed them would be a great benefit in itself. I'll have to check it out!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My cure for the Performics unsizable window ( I use a 17" monitor and desktop set at 800x600 with large fonts) which prohibits getting to the bottom action buttons is: I never put up a link to a perfomics merchant. Nice cure and keeps me from having to worry if their interface and merchants convert!

Thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed Crazy Browser. Been using it for the past two days. I'm one of those computer users who regularly surfs the internet with several browser windows open, as well as other computer applications running. Crazy Browser helps clean up some of the clutter and confusion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I am just curious, as since all the Adaware scams, has anyone run Adaware to see if this browser reports back to itself/site?

Maybe I'm just being paranopid, but, for the past 6 months or so, I avoid anything that's "free" . . . usually there's gotta be a reason for it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    I am just curious, as since all the Adaware scams, has anyone run Adaware to see if this browser reports back to itself/site?

Maybe I'm just being paranopid, but, for the past 6 months or so, I avoid anything that's "free" . . . usually there's gotta be a reason for it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goog point. I have not checked and don't have Adaware. Might get it and see.

Assuming you can believe the guy, from is website is

Q: Is Crazy Browser spyware?
    A: Crazy Browser is Freeware, not adware and not spyware! Crazy Browser will never send any data to us!

and

Q: What is your business model?
    A: This is a non-commercial product. It doesn't bring me any profit.

This page may or may not have something useful to CB users:

http://tabby.tk/

ABW Ambassador
    I have just run Adaware and Crazy Browser does not report any problems so I guess it is safe.

Alexa, now that's a different kettle of fish

ABW Ambassador
    I just wish it had the Opera, open window in background option. I hate browsing without that. It is great going through a resource site popping up windows in the background and then just going back and reading them all.

{Edited to note) it does have this feature in a way, just does it to all window you open. I like that.

Chet

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Chez Noir ]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    I just wish it had the Opera, open window in background option. I hate browsing without that. It is great going through a resource site popping up windows in the background and then just going back and reading them all.

{Edited to note) it does have this feature in a way, just does it to all window you open. I like that.

Chet

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Chez Noir ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont understand what you are saying. I don't use Opera anymore. With crazy broswer you can right click and open in new window all links you want and go back and read them afterwards. Is this not similar/same?

ABW Ambassador
    Just checked. Hold down the shift key when you click a link and it opens in a new background window.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread