What is the best way to contact affiliate managers?
    I have been developing a site recently and am having a very hard time contacting the affiliate managers for the major merchants.
    I have received replies from about half of them now but only after many emails to each one. Some of the merchants are on CJ and some are on LS.

Does anyone know of a better way to get a hold of these affiliate program managers? Is anyone here in good contact with some of the affiliate managers for Walmart, Half.com, etc? If so I would be very appreciative if anyone can help me get in contact with these sites.

Thanks!!

The Half.com affiliate manager is useless. Apparently ebayaffiliates@cj.com works, but other people beg to differ. You could always try calling the major companies and using their dial by name directory to get in touch with the manager by phone, though.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Other things to do are to get ahold of the company's operator and ask to be connected with the AM, you could try searching to see if they come on here and send a PM.

But as many people will tell you on here, if the AM is not responsive, you might want to look into other programs because if there is an issue with payments, tracking, etc... and you can't get ahold of them now, think of how frustrating it might be in the future if you have spent a ton of time promoting programs and when the results start coming in you can't get ahold of the AM if there is a problem.

Also when you do get ahold of them, ask them for direct contact info, work email addy instead of the one listed in the program, direct lines and extensions, etc... so that you can get ahold of them easier.

You also might want to search their website for contact info. the affiliate section might be a good place to start instead of the regular contact us tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    The Half.com affiliate manager is useless. Apparently ebayaffiliates@cj.com works, but other people beg to differ. You could always try calling the major companies and using their dial by name directory to get in touch with the manager by phone, though.
    Yeah, I think your right (I don't know how these companies are run!!). I have tried the jarrods email at least 5 times as well as the half.com support three times (they must ignore affiliate questions). I think I tried the email that you gave above but I will try again. Maybe this time they will reply.

Most of the sites I am contacting are bookstores or they sell books (like walmart) so if you have information about any bookstores I would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Other things to do are to get ahold of the company's operator and ask to be connected with the AM...
    That's a good one.

I'd try e-mail, phone, IM (if they have any listed), and then give up and push their competitiors. I know, it's harsh, but it's business, and not some other kinda deal. A good business is always a two-way street. A monologue going from you to them will never help you solve any issues... So why keep getting stressed over things when there are others out there that do respond and in so-doing care about their programs and their affiliates?

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    I just seen your other post about the half.com datafile. Actually that is what I am trying to get also. I will tell you if I get ahold of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Other things to do are to get ahold of the company's operator and ask to be connected with the AM, you could try searching to see if they come on here and send a PM.

But as many people will tell you on here, if the AM is not responsive, you might want to look into other programs because if there is an issue with payments, tracking, etc... and you can't get ahold of them now, think of how frustrating it might be in the future if you have spent a ton of time promoting programs and when the results start coming in you can't get ahold of the AM if there is a problem.

Also when you do get ahold of them, ask them for direct contact info, work email addy instead of the one listed in the program, direct lines and extensions, etc... so that you can get ahold of them easier.

You also might want to search their website for contact info. the affiliate section might be a good place to start instead of the regular contact us tab.
    Yeah I have tried just every email address I find.
    I probably will end up calling some of these - but phone support is usually very bad.

ABW Ambassador
    In my experience, any affiliate program that is outsourced to a network will not be responsive to an average Joe affiliate. Give up on Walmart. Linkshare runs their program and Linkshare is only responsive to Walmart. It's clearly a conflict of interest but that's just how this business is. Affiliates have very few rights.

If being able to communicate with an in-house affiliate manager is important to you, don't join or promote programs that don't provide contact info. for someone in-house. If you think you are frustrated now, it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    In my experience, any affiliate program that is outsourced to a network will not be responsive to an average Joe affiliate. Give up on Walmart. Linkshare runs their program and Linkshare is only responsive to Walmart. It's clearly a conflict of interest but that's just how this business is. Affiliates have very few rights.

If being able to communicate with an in-house affiliate manager is important to you, don't join or promote programs that don't provide contact info. for someone in-house. If you think you are frustrated now, it will only get worse.
    They all provide contact info but they don't reply.
    I can get walmart next month because I should have the required 50 sales on linkshare.
    I understand what you are saying but almost ALL affiliate programs do not have very good support.
    I am very persistant. If it is possible i will do it.
    If they don't want to be on my site I guess it is fine.
    Half.com is the one that bothers me most because I know that a good portion of my sales would go through there.
    Walmart and the other affiliate programs on my list don't bother me to much
    because they don't convert as good anyways from what i've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman

If a program is managed by CJ, I've found that I've always been able to call up and speak to the AM, or if I can't find a name, have the operator transfer me to someone on the team for that affiliate program.

Best way is by phone, while you are talking to them ask for a commision upgrade. Trust me it is hard to find good affiliates and they would rather work with one that is actually going to do something then someone who just signs up and forgets to put up links.

(note to self) call an am today!
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    My opinion (for what it's worth):

If you have to go out of your way to contact an AM or they make it hard to do so, they are not worth working with IMHO.

If they make it hard to find them before you sign up, imagine when you have urgent questions down the road while you are spending YOUR money to promote them.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I welcome my affiliates to reach me by phone or email. There is just something special about phone visits versus written words. Gives us both an opportunity to know a bit more about each other - and identify better where each is coming from.

Communication through personal contact is always a plus, and of course offers a much quicker path to assisting an affiliate or discussing upcoming items of interest.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I've tried to contact many merchants in clixgalore but none of the merchants replied, makes me wonder if the contact feature even works, but most likely the merchant doesn't care enough to give the time to answer my query. All I was doing was asking them to update their datafeeds, i think some merchants are not aware of how powerful affiliate marketing could be for them so they don't put much time into it.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would do this in this manne

1) email once
    2) second email a day or 2 later
    3) call # listed on merchant account if you are within US or have VOIP & leave message
    4) Call receptionist and ask for AM
    5) Send or call CEO or somebody above the AM

But as Geno said, if the AM does not reply, maybe you want to look at other merchants cos if it is so hard to make initial contact, it would be extremely hard to get an issue resolved in the future.

I believe in open communication, and easy to find contact info

Affiliate Manager Contact For eBay
    If you are interested in running the eBay program please give me a shout. I am the account manager for this campaign at Neverblue and I work directly with both eBay and CJ on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 7th, 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Removed Manual Sig

Well, you could send xmas cards and shower them with gifts (I actually got one of those new IPOD shuffle's custom engraved from one of my affs).

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread