ABW Ambassador
    Was just curious to which babies/kids merchants perform for you. I've done will with baby bazaar and babyage.com
    Also where do you sign up for merchants like gymboree, rightstart, zainybrainy.

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: johnniebry ]

ABW Ambassador
    I have a new site based on Baby universe, but in the first few days I have had over 100 clicks but no sales. Targetted traffic in that the siote is found for specific keywords I targetted. Will have to wait and see what happens in the next week or 2. Still to early to worry. Need more traffic - maybe google will grab the rest of the pages next time through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    I have a new site based on Baby universe, but in the first few days I have had over 100 clicks but no sales.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

give it up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

you could add Robeez

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iucpxleps:

give it up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serious? 100 clicks is hardly statistical.

ABW Ambassador
    FWIW, BabyUniverse does convert -- though they are often SLOW to pay. That haven't NOT paid me yet, but they do make me wonder ever so often.

I have one page for them (and I won't do any more -- not because of them, but because I am not particularly good at marketing baby stuff) and for 25,865 click-throughs, I have 165 sales (1:157 CR). It's not a great conversion rate, but it's a no maintenance page and the particular products I'm promoting I can't find elsewhere to test a competitor.

So they get to stay by default.

There are others here who have much better success with baby products than I do, however.

last time i checked they were parasiteware. I removed most of thier links after that also got no reply from them for my Q's about that. So I dont care how many cliks they convert. also 160/1 is plain bad..

1019 clicks, for 4 sales totaling $20 commish.

how is this statistically?

but then again you can use them if you want to not my problem after all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I confess it, I have merchants on my sites that have relationships with scumware.

Amazon being the most notable, IMO.

I've dropped scads of merchants because of scumware, written scads of letters because of scumware, devoted countless hours to the anti-scumware cause, dropped findwhat because of their relationship with scumware, and yet...

I still have this handful of merchants with scumware relationships... why? I confess, there's only so much I'm willing to do. I do my best, but it doesn't make me 100% clean.

Ah well.

As to conversion rates? Different products convert at different rates for me. I don't have a strict CR that all products/merchants must meet or they're out the door. I find the CR for ink cartridges is VASTLY different from the CR for toys which is VASTLY different from the CR for autoparts.

>>but then again you can use them if you want to not my problem after all

Yeppers, everybody has to do what works for them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone have luck with theBabyOutlet at LS?

What, are you trying to sell twins or something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cedric:

As to conversion rates? Different products convert at different rates for me. I don't have a strict CR that all products/merchants must meet or they're out the door. I find the CR for ink cartridges is VASTLY different from the CR for toys which is VASTLY different from the CR for autoparts
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it possible that their CR suck because of their parasiteware thing?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    >>is it possible that their CR suck because of their parasiteware thing?<<

Doubt it, lol... from my experience that's how it is with baby products. In fact, BU is my BEST converting baby merchant.

Go figure.

But babysheaven had a CR around 50-80/1 for me while it lasted [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Have you looked at Storybook Heirlooms? They have some really cute kids clothes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Best converting baby merchant is Babies R Us - Commission rate Stinks. For high quality gear, try ABaby at CJ. Babystyle does well on some categories. BabyCenter converts unexpectedly well but comm. only for new customers. BabyUniverse for lifesaver.

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesX:
    Best converting baby merchant is Babies R Us - Commission rate Stinks. For high quality gear, try ABaby at CJ. Babystyle does well on some categories. BabyCenter converts unexpectedly well but comm. only for new customers. BabyUniverse for lifesaver.

- BluesX
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Babies R Us - Amazon right? Is that a 5% commission or a 2% commission (or whatever the lower commission rate is).

I believe it is 5% but you can get many sales at 2.5% (marketplace orders) and there is of course a $10 cap.

I also tried the rest of the baby merchants, gave up on most of them after no sales in 2+ years. So the ones that convert at least at some minimal levels are mentioned above.

I really like BabyCenter Store, but too bad they won't pay commissions to every order and that pushes me away from (promoting) them.

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesX:
    I really like BabyCenter Store, but too bad they won't pay commissions to every order and that pushes me away from (promoting) them.

- BluesX
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What don't they pay commission on - multiple items in an order?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread