Thread: An Affiliate Christmas Story

Outsourced Program Manager
    An Affiliate Christmas Story
    Hi everyone,

I felt a calling to write about my experiences for the last 3 months, and thought ABW was the perfect medium to share it. (If I keep this up, I might need a blog).

These last few months have been rocky for me personally, those of you who know me well, know my trials and tribulations. But I've come out a stronger man, as Rocky says in his latest flick "It's how many punches you can take, and still keep moving forward" (or something like that). However, my professional life has been a tremendous success, due mostly to you, my Abestweb friends and family.

I started just about 5 months ago with my first new client, TysToyBox.com. Their program has grown over 5 fold since Suluta assumed the management, despite (or should I say "because of") kicking out Ebates, Upromise, and ShopAtHomeSelect. Further, sales on TysToyBox increased 250% versus last year Christmas time. And if you remove the "sales" by the parasitic affiliates that were booted from the program as of my start date, we actually increased 300% over December of last year.

My odyssey continued as I attended the ShareAsale think tank. It received many praises here, but I don't think anyone benefited from it as much as Suluta did. The gathering of so many ethical minded powerhouses was overwhelming, but it landed us our next 2 clients, StuffedArk.com and Kiyonna.com.

Shareasale is an anomaly in our industry right now. It is living, breathing proof that a network does not need to be greedy to be successful. I have to admit that I too was skeptical initially as to whether ShareAsale merchants can deliver any volume. But boy did I become a believer. Again, I know it was the Christmas Holiday, but sales were (and continue to be) flying in from every direction. Honest affiliates sending value added sales. Sites that are rich in content and high on traffic. It was a true wonderland.

As I write this, I have two new merchants in the early phases getting ready to launch. Merchants that will receive the same attention and care as all other Suluta merchants, weeding out the bad and rewarding the good, resulting in yet another merchant with exponential growth. So again, I wanted to thank you, because you helped make this possible.

My motives in sharing this with you are many. But here are the most important two. First, I invite you to join any of our wildly successful programs. Second, and more important for our industry, is that this is fact based proof that clean programs can not only survive, but will prosper. I invite other AM's and OPMs to share their program success stories, as a thread that can be shown to those who we as a community are trying to "convert".

Happy Holidays to you all.

-Michael Nunez

Congratulations Michael!! I hope your business thrives and prospers for many years!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

http and a telephoto
    You are an inspiration Michael

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    congratz mike

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Nicely done, and nicely put Mikey!! I too am trying to achieve the same thing with our program. It's an uphill climb but a climb well worth the long term effort.

As we prepare to enter 2007, I am grateful to have been a part of the ABW community this past year, and look forward to many years of growing and sharing with fellow members.

A Happy - Healthy - Prosperous New Year To All.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    We loves you too, Nunez. Happy 3 Kings Day, and it's an honor to be working with someone like you. Best to you and your loved ones for 2007!

Congrats Michael on your successes.

Best wishes to you in the new year on all fronts.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas Mike. Thanks for sharing that in writing.

I am sure that a big part of your success is your accessibility and willingness to help at every turn. I know that every time I have picked up the phone or rang you on the IM, you have been right there with an answer.

It is that type of dedication to your programs that make it a pleasure to work with you and will carry you far.

This is surely just the beginning for you as someone who cares so much about the programs you run.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Congratulations Michael!! I hope your business thrives and prospers for many years!

- Scott
    Thanks Scott. I'm gonna get a merchant that fits your niche one of these days!

You are an inspiration Michael [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks Loxly. I know you love this industry as much as I do.

congratz mike
    Thanks Eric, your enthusiam and willingness to help anyone will bring you far.

It's an uphill climb but a climb well worth the long term effort.
    Thanks Alan, as you pointed out the whole point of this thread was to show that it can be done. You'll get there buddy.

We loves you too, Nunez. Happy 3 Kings Day, and it's an honor to be working with someone like you. [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Best to you and your loved ones for 2007!
    CT, my arch nemesis, lol. Keeping up with you makes me work harder!

Congrats Michael on your successes.

Best wishes to you in the new year on all fronts.
    Thanks for stopping by Scott! And thanks for your level headed views that you graciously share with the rest of us. To anyone who doesn't read Scott's Blog, you're missing out.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas Mike. Thanks for sharing that in writing.
    Thanks Scott, Merry Christmas to you too. I do work hard to help anyone who asks for it, but what's really helped me grow is affiliates such as yourself who are always helping me improve my programs.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Michael, I look forward to working more closely than ever (more programs!) with you and your team in 2007 and beyond. Thanks for sharing your enthusiam for SAS, as you know, I've found it to be a very wonderful place for folks like you and I to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    Thanks Scott. I'm gonna get a merchant that fits your niche one of these days!
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Internet Cowboy
    Michael,
    I have really enjoyed watching your business develop over the past year or so. You can shift the reasons for your success to your ABW friends and family if you wish, but as somone who has watched your business grow and evolve, I can assuredly say that it is because you are smart, tenacious, knowledgeable of the industry and a hard-working guy who cares deeply about his friends, family and associates. You are level-headed and sincere in your mission to help others while building your business.
    I am proud to call you a friend and am very happy that your business has done so well.
    I too look forward to working more closely with you in 2007
    Scott

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    First, I invite you to join any of our wildly successful programs. Second, and more important for our industry, is that this is fact based proof that clean programs can not only survive, but will prosper. I invite other AM's and OPMs to share their program success stories, as a thread that can be shown to those who we as a community are trying to "convert".
    First and foremost congratulations on bringing about that kind of success for your clients and for launching Suluta with such panache. Second, I think a sort of "testimonial" thread highlighting the success stories for what can happen when you run a program with integrity is a great idea. We know it can work, we should share that knowledge.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Inspiring Michael. I had a rocky 2006 as well. I've enjoyed working with your program, and I look forward to adding more.
    Wishing you the best of the New Year in every aspect!

Melanie

15. Newsletter Signup