Thread: Newest FJB Feed is Up

Newest FJB Feed is Up
    The newest FantasyJewelryBox datafeed -- containing 617 products -- is up and available through the ShareASale's FTP.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    The newest FantasyJewelryBox datafeed -- containing 617 products -- is up and available through the ShareASale's FTP.

Geno
    Geno,

I just uploaded the latest Fantasy Jewelry datafeed, it contains 613 products, but no picture are showing on any page.

1/2/07 at 10:00 am EDT.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Geno,

I just uploaded the latest Fantasy Jewelry datafeed, it contains 613 products, but no picture are showing on any page.

1/2/07 at 10:00 am EDT.

Sal.
    1/4/07 at 6:00 an EDT.

Still none of the images are showing yet.

I guess Nick is on vacation too.

But since Geno is coming back from vacation tomorrow, I think another 24hrs would not matter.

Geno, you better bring back some pictures with you on the 5th, the ones from the Fantasy Jewelry, and the ones from Finland.

Sal, I will look into this once I am back in the office. Thank you for the alert, man.

Is the FDT option not working for you either?

Geno

Sal, I will look into this once I am back in the office. Thank you for the alert, man.

Is the FDT option not working for you either?

Geno
    What is the FDT option? Do you mean the FTC?

All of the other datafeeds are working right.

What is the FDT option?
    The FreeDynamicTemplates.com option, Sal.

Here's the link to the FantasyJewelryBox's page at FDT: http://www.freedynamictemplates.com/...welry_box.html

Geno

Sal, I see the problem... I've both just e-mailed them and left a message on their answering machine... Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Geno

The FreeDynamicTemplates.com option, Sal.

Here's the link to the FantasyJewelryBox's page at FDT: http://www.freedynamictemplates.com/...welry_box.html

Geno
    I forgot about the FDT= FreeDynamicTemplates

I forgot about the FDT= FreeDynamicTemplates
    Sal, the images in the newest feed are still broken, but the FDT's solution for FJB is working perfectly fine. I am still working on getting those images back up in the newest feed, but the FDT's solution is your way out for now... Please feel free to use it. I'll keep you posted on the rest.

Geno

Sal, the images in the newest feed are still broken, but the FDT's solution for FJB is working perfectly fine. I am still working on getting those images back up in the newest feed, but the FDT's solution is your way out for now... Please feel free to use it. I'll keep you posted on the rest.

Geno

I'm sorry Geno, but something sucks with the way the FJB is setup.

It's not a question of using the "Free DynamicTemplates" in order to show the images, the problem I see is that from 1/2/07 to today 1/6/07, it had passed four days already with a site showing over 613 product pages without any image on those pages.

While I may not have enough traffic going to those pages yet, for me to worry to much about if the images are showing or not for a few days, the point is that if I can't count on a reliable merchant datafeed, it makes it more difficult to have an automatic site update, to show the latest products from that merchant.

I know it's not your fault, but from day one the Fantasy Jewelry merchant always have some problems with the product images, first it was blamed on the Yahoo thing and that was supposedly fixed, but now I don't know what else is new.

While the FJB merchant is not the only merchant that have some images problem on SAS once in a while, I have noticed that the FJB takes the longer to find the problem.

Geno, I am not making this post to bash the FJB merchant, because it would be easier for me to just not say anything, and just replace the FJB datafeed with any other more reliable Jewelry datafeed. The reason of this post is to see if the FJB merchant will finally find a solution to the images problem and we don't have to deal with that issue every now and then.

Take a look at this example:

I use PHP to display the FJB 613 products datafeed, so I can update those pages with just a click every time there is a new feed, and yes, I can still use an old backup copy of the FJB datafeed if there is a problem with the new feed, in order to show the old images again, and not have those pages with a empty box showing a red X, and yes, I have many more options in order to deal with the FJB datafeed, or any other merchant datafeed because by using my PHP scripts, it's not that difficult to make any up to the minute work around solution or decision regarding a bad datafeed.

So as you can see, other than some extra time, I really don't have that much to lose.

But......

And here is the big BUT.......

If I was using WebMerge to make those 613 pages from the FJB datafeed, or if I was making those 613 pages from the FJB datafeed one by one with any other program, and after I had made a nice static site with 613 .Html pages, uploaded those pages to the server and everything looked nice an dandy. The feeling would not be the same if after all that work, the next time the FJB datafeed was updated, those product pages don't show the images for one reason or another.

Like I said, I still don't have the traffic yet, to worry too much one way or the order, so I really don't have much to lose.

But unless the FJB datafeed became more stable, it's the FJB merchant that may have a lot to lose, not from me, but from many other affiliates that don't complain much, and just move along in silence to a more reliable Jewelry merchant datafeed.

I have better things to do than to make this post, but I decided to make this post, in order to help the FJB merchant with my criticism about the constant problems with the images, in many of the new datafeed updates. I like the FJB program, so I am not bashing it, even if this post look like I am doing that, I am not.

If I was bashing it, I can do it in less than five lines of text.

So try to fix the images problem once and for all, because this is my last post about the FJB images problem.

Sal.

Hi Geno, I'm with Mr. Sal on this one. Over the holidays I joined FJB and rebuilt my jewelry site (replaced the merchant with FJB). I used the GoldenCan feed because It's easy and I don't have to worry much about updates. So, I haven't had images on my site for nearly 10 days now.

I can have my old site back up an running in minutes but I'd rather give FJB a try. I know you've been on vacation but this problem is getting old real fast. How soon can you get this problem fixed? My site looks crappy without the images.

Thanks for your time!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I'm sorry Geno, but something sucks with the way the FJB is setup...
    Thank you for your post, Sal. I do appreciate the straightforwardness. There is much truth in what you're saying and I appreciate your honesty and boldness to come forth and say it. One of the things I do not agree with is the regularity of the "image problem" occurring. From what I see, problems with FJB images occur once a year, or so..... But then again, this is not what you want to hear. You, as much as Travelin Man (and everyone else who does not want to use the FDT solution that I'm proposing for the time while I'm getting the FJB programmers to work on the issue), want it fixed. /period!!/ Sal, please check your PM to understand the problem a bit better, and hopefully help me with one little thing regarding this.

Many thanks in advance, everyone, for your patience in waiting for the resolution of the situation.

Best regards,

Geno

Geno, you got mail and PM too.

Thank you, Sal! You're the man!!

IMPORTANT UPDATE: A feed with working images has been sent to SaS. I've spoken with Brian and he said his datafeed guys will be in the office on Monday and will be able to update it then. I understand that some of you do not want to wait a minute longer. If this describes you, just e-mail me at affiliates (at) fantasyjewelrybox . com and I'll e-mail you the feed right away.

Geno

Thanks Geno for getting the GoldenCan Feed back online!

Sending you a PM.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Travelin' Man,

The feed that's up at SaS is also working now!! Thank you for speeding things up for us, Brian!

Geno

17. Newsletter Signup