All,

It has come to my attention that 123Rewardme.com has copied yet another member's site!

I know that some of you still link to her site, but I ask that anyone linking to her please remove all links and check her site for any other applicable copying (of your site(s)). If you feel that your site has been copied, please document it with screenshots and forward such to any merchant(s) involved and her host. Her website is hosted by Hosting-Networks, Inc. their website is:
    http://www.featureprice.com

... and mail your documentation to legal@featureprice.com as she is violating their AUP with the MULTIPLE and BLATANT copyright infringements.

I also ask that any ABW participating merchant drop the account associated with 123rewardme.com as well.

If anyone needs any assistance in this matter email me.

Haiko

We should be looking in the meta tags too, right?

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Icicle:
    We should be looking in the meta tags too, right?

I
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABSOLUTELY!

Site copying does not only involve imagry, verbiage and look and feel, it most importantly (?) ALSO involves the Tags / keywords!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    So has this second been copied word for word and design too?

I'd also love to know who got ripped off too.

Cyclone,

Both victims were senior members of ABW.

At least, keywords, layout and copy have all has been copied by 123Rewardme.

Haiko

How did you find the copies.. could there be more lurking out there?

Are these copies that were there before the 24-hour post, and rewardme's letter posted this morning, or were these put up after the fact?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>could there be more lurking out there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> If there are other instances, the best people to recognize it would be the people who wrote the originals. That's why Haiko asked people a look around RewardMe's site (which was not actually identified during the previous firestorm, I don't think).

If you have pages that rank well in Google you might want to check the sales copy and metatags of similar pages on her site. If you're just starting to build rank, you're probably okay.

ABW Ambassador
    The second owner whose material was copied was informed by a competitor who noticed the similarities. This occurred yesterday, so the material was online for a while before that.

Haiko,

Was this copying done before she was banned for the first copy or after that?

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Rewardme's site was never identified during the inital firestorm when the first copy incident was discovered but she had posted her url here a few months back asking for help with site design, it is in the search archive.

On the contrary, it was identified in the 24-Hour Continuation Thread, and yesterday somebody posted rewardme's response in her own defense on the Third Page of that thread.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Umm, Tracy I was referring to this thread posted a while before the copy incident happened. http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...c&f=2&t=000325

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are these copies that were there before the 24-hour post, and rewardme's letter posted this morning, or were these put up after the fact?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be aware that the rewardme's posted letter has been sitting in my email since Monday. Until I searched for the thread last night I did not realise the extent of the public knowledge of the incident.

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: ^akoss^ ]

I have posted communication that I received from Rewardme today in http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...1&t=001462&p=5

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread