Results 1 to 5 of 5
August 10th, 2002, 08:23 AM #1
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- The Swamp
Traffic Magnet is at it again, only this time they are not sending their spam from Christine Hall. Seems Sarah Williams has replaced Christine Hall. If you have them blocked by your filters, you may want to update them.
Just for fun I sent Ms. Williams the following email:
We recently received spam from your company. We have recently invoked a new policy regarding unsolicited commercial email received to our domain email addresses. The amount of such email landing in our accounts has become a serious problem impeding upon our ability to perform business with our legitimate customers and costing us money in both server and human resources. As such we have implemented the following policy:
At this time you have been listed in our email server blacklist and we are not accepting any emails from you. If you would like us to receive your emails, then we must be compensated for each email you send to cover our costs. The cost for each email received is 0.10/email. We feel this is a fair price and is probably less than what you paid to buy our email address in the first place or the cost of the harvesting software used. Heres what you will need to do in order for us to receive email from you in the future:
1. Go to PayPal
2. If you do not already have a PayPal account, creating an account is fast and easy and you will receive $5 for joining. If you already have a PayPal account, then log into your account.
3. Click on the Send Money tab and make your payment to email@example.com as the recipient.
4. Select Service as the transaction type.
5. Select any dollar amount you wish. If you choose $1.00 we will receive 10 of your emails before returning you to our blacklist and blocking your emails. If you choose $10, we will receive 100 of your emails.
6. In the comments section be sure to tell us the email address that will be in the To field of all emails you send to us. This is very important. We cannot release you from our blacklist if you do not tell us our email address and your spam will continue to bounce.
7. Send your payment.
8. Update your mailing list and use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to send all email in the future. This is extremely important! You will only be released from our blacklist for the email address email@example.com Any email coming from you to any other of our domain email will continue to be blocked.
We will track the number of emails received from you and once you have reached your limit, you will be returned to our blacklist. You must make additional payments if you want us to continue to receive email from you.
This system will allow us to better manage our resources and do business and you to continue to send your commercial email. This email also serves as notice for you to remove all variations of email addresses you have in your database to @mydomain.com. You only have permission to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have provided the necessary payment to us as described above. Although we have not read the spam which triggered this correspondence with you, we keep all copies of spam. If we receive any further emails from your company, under any email alias (and yes we know how to track it down), we will take all actions in our power and under our legal rights. This may include, but is not limited to, reporting to your ISP, hosting company, federal agencies, and local law enforcement agencies. We have also kept a copy of this email for our records.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm just feeling naughty this morning.
August 10th, 2002, 08:49 AM #2
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you would like us to receive your emails, then we must be compensated for each email you send to cover our costs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good one, I love it!!
August 10th, 2002, 09:04 AM #3
I love how official that sounds--like you really expect them to pay! <IMG src=http://www.abestweb.com/ubb/icons/icon38.gif>
August 10th, 2002, 09:05 AM #4
- Join Date
- January 17th, 2005
Cute, but I doubt the spammer got past the first sentence (if the spammer reads it's email at all, which is unlikely).
August 10th, 2002, 09:18 AM #5
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- St Clair Shores MI.
Professional spammers like this one never read any e--mail sent to them. They change those domain forwarding e-mail addresses to a new freebee e-mail account every other day.
By PetsWarehouse.com in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 2Last Post: January 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM
By Marfie in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 6Last Post: February 15th, 2006, 09:52 AM
By SeventiesMartin in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 3Last Post: April 13th, 2004, 03:09 PM
By cjk in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 1Last Post: October 28th, 2003, 02:02 PM