Data Feeds - Load and Comparision
    Hi Everyone!

I am a Newbie to this business and I had a few questions concerning the use of Data Feeds.

1. I have been doing research on the use of Data Feeds. I can't seem for find a lot of post concerning the subject. If I have missed something, could someone please direct me to a Subject Matter Expert or the proper post?

2. I would like to specialize in the advertisement of specific items from across several merchants. Is it possible to merge different merchant data feeds using Web Merge? Is there a standard data schema for Merchant data feeds? I am using ASP as my site code base.

3. Are data feeds real-time or batched (non-real-time)?

4. Is there a "plug and play" script for the product comparison feature for displayed products? If so, can this feature be used with data from different merchants?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic
    Hi Everyone!

I am a Newbie to this business and I had a few questions concerning the use of Data Feeds.

1. I have been doing research on the use of Data Feeds. I can't seem for find a lot of post concerning the subject. If I have missed something, could someone please direct me to a Subject Matter Expert or the proper post?

3. Are data feeds real-time or batched (non-real-time)?
    1) check out: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...proof+datafeed It's really a good bit of info, and you'll need to weed through soem of it - but it's worth it.

3) All datafeeds I've worked with are batched, that is, they are outputted periodically for download.

Hope that helps.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Exclamation Datafeeds 101
    Most datafeeds will come as CSV or XML files. Sometimes they come as a ZIP or TAR file with the data inside.

How you use them depends on your site, if you create static pages or dynamic pages, AJAX, etc.

You typically need to watch your Affiliate Manager site to see when they get updated. None, that I know of, send the feeds to you directly. You have to go get them at some interval.

Some of the "daily coupon" feeds do come to you from some merchants.

Good Luck with ASP. I could never get it to work right with large XML files.

--Brian

To All...Pardon the slow response. I have been very busy reading and studying this business. I would like to say thank you for the response and insight. For now, I am going the use the Amazon eStore solution and grow my business from there as I learn and become more confident. Again, thank you all!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread