Link Rewards/Benefits?
    I am seeing more and more sites offering link rewards and was wondering what the theories were on the benefits. If a site offers you a gift for linking, and the gift is better for higher PR page placement...Adagio Tea comes to mind, higher PR, more tea and even a teapot in the PR 5 and up package.
    So you get some inbound links, but I am figuring that people will quickly take your link down once "reward" is received. How much benefit do you really get from a bunch of short term links?

ABW Ambassador
    Was this in an email or do you have a link to it on their site?

On the topic, not something I would do, at either end. People can pull down links, add a no follow to it etc. I don't drink tea either

Hmmm I wonder if I should go back and tell em now that my page is higher ranked to get the teapot. I am a tea drinker (and coffee, too all ...depends ..lol) quite a while back I linked with them and they sent me the tea but it really wasn't anything to get too excited about. Maybe they have great tea and the selection just wasn't that great that they sent me.
    Are you talking about giving some sort of gift your ownself for links or receiving the gifts yourself for giving the links? I wouldn't give any gift cos like Trust said......I've learned that a lot of people you link with just can't be trusted to not do what he mentioned. Seems like the majority of links I've found that are from people who can be trusted are actual ones that I've contacted on my own personally or with people that I know who they actually are. Still every so often check to be sure, though.

http://www.adagio.com/pages/link_rewards.html

I was wondering if it would be a beneficial way to create some inbound links/traffic. I don't guess unrelated links would do much good for visitors from the linking sites, was wondering how it would affect your ratings for organic searches, if it would boost your PR and such.
    I would rather people find us and go "how cool, I MUST link to this site!" Doesn't happen often for me though!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, they should be careful with that. That's basically buying links via gifts instead of money. Google might drop the hammer on them. If you're going to buy links, you don't advertise it like that in public, just not too bright.

http and a telephoto
    Hum... give them a free link for a one time gift on a PR5 site, or add an affiliate link that could make me ongoing commissions.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread