Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Happy New Year virus
    I wish we had a forum titled, "Danger, danger Will Robinson" but since we don't I thought I'd post this here.

Is everybody else getting tons of emails titled "Happy New Year" that contain a virus?

Speaking of which, the anti-virus software that came bundled with my PC is about to expire. It's called AVG (Free Edition) and it's effective and reasonably unobtrusive. I thought I'd ask if anyone had a recommendation for anti-virus software before I renew this package.

Thanks, and have a virus-free New Year!

Rhea,

Last 2 days, lots of postcard.exe and greetingcard.exes getting killed by my anti-virus.

I have been with McAfee for years, mostly a good experience but sometimes problems. The final straw was that a month ago, they kept prompting me to update the software with "Special New Added Features". So I finally wanted to get rid of the nag screen and I downloaded and installed the new program. Well low and behold they installed Yahoo toolbar and who knows ( I didn't read the EULA (Does anyone?)).

Well the program ran slower, took up more disk space and I am coming up to renewal. Time for a change.

I had heard about NOD32 from Leo LaPort http://leoville.com/ you know, G4Tech TV, or on KFI Radio weekends in Los Angeles. http://www.leo.am/radio/ so I downloaded it from www.eset.com and have been pleasantly surprised with it's clean install, smaller size, checks files faster and there's less grind on system resources.

So now I finished up my trial and it works. I like it, I bought it.

Just my opinion.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

I second that recommendation. I switched to NOD32 over a year ago, and I've been thrilled with it. Every other antivirus package I had tried over the years was a major resource hog, but I can't even tell NOD32 is there.

Is everybody else getting tons of emails titled "Happy New Year" that contain a virus?
    Thanks for this thread!

I just got two blank emails with just an attachment, and titled "Happy New Year".

Good thing that I have my Security setup to "Do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

Echoing Mr. Sal's email - thanks for posting this!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Another vote for NOD32 - it's great.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Another vote here - NOD32 - I have been using it for a few years with no viruses.

It's on ShareASale under the company name Eset. However, it may be cheaper to buy from a reseller.

Added - Yes - it's very light, and you hardly know it's installed.

I'm getting those "Happy New Year" emails too. I've been filtering them out with Mail Washer...so they never hit my computer.

@Allen, thanks for posting the information on NOD32. My anitvirus program ran out a few weeks ago and I've been wanting to change to something different myself. I'll give NOD32 a try. Thanks to you others for your comments on the software.

Cheers
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey, thanks everyone for the recommendations. I will go with NOD32. (I'd never heard of it before.)

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread