Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Our cat just died....
    Tobi got sick friday night. He has had problems with urinary blockages and nothing was helping.

He had a problem two weeks ago, but has been great since. Then Friday night he was acting a little weird. Yesterday he was quiet most of the day, then last night about 10 he got really weak. We figured he would be gone by this morning. We made him a warm spot on his favorite blanket and checked on him all night long. He was relaxed and didn't seem to be in pain at least.

I got up this morning suspecting it would be over with and I could take care of him before the kids got up, but I was wrong.

One of our other cats.. his sister was curled up on him like she was trying to keep him warm. You could tell he was about gone. I just went and checked on him a few minutes ago and he was taking his last breaths. After his last breath his sister stood up and licked his face and walked away. She stuck with him until the end.

Our 16 year old had just got up as it was happening and she is so sad.

I boxed him up and put him out in the garage for my husband to take care of when he gets home.

I am glad that our 7 year old wasn't up yet. Last night he laid on the floor, holding his cat just sobbing, so I can only imagine how hard it would have been on him this morning. Now I have to tell him when he gets up.

Sorry for rambling on about this but I needed to vent somewhere. If I try to talk about it with my daughter we both start crying...
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Michelle,

I know how hard that is, I am sorry for your hurt this morning - hope you can be comforted in that he wasn't in pain himself. Take care today.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Michelle, having had several cat members in our family over the years - I can feel your sadness and I offer my sympathy to you and the kids. Felines are a special bunch with instinctive ways that most of us do not understand, but find intriguing nonetheless.

The sister standing by and comforting him is a picture of beauty. It's amazing how independent felines are - and yet how tuned they are to one another. I am sorry for your loss and wish the best thoughts for you and your family. The truly bright side (as Brian said) is that he is no longer suffering, and that is good thing. A hug for the family...

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    **hugs** to you and your kids Michelle. He didn't die alone, he was loved and keep warm, and he is with a fun group of cats... we have lost special animals along the way and he is playing with some of mine right now
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

**hugs** from another cat-loving family. Remember the great joys you've had with him. Take some consolation in the warm way he was able to spend his last hours.

Thanks guys.

My husband got home and buried him out back next to another cat that died about 8 years ago.

When the 7 year old got up and found out he cried and cried. Then he asked if he could go pet him one last time. So I let him.

My husband and I had to run to town real quick and when we got back our daughter said that our son got out the scrapbooks with the pics of the cats in them and cried while we were gone.

He tried to hide it from us, but I told him it was ok and natural to feel that way.

We are debating on going to a friends this evening for dinner. The weather is nasty, but it might be a good thing for the kids to keep their minds busy.
    ~Michelle

Michelle,

It's so amazing how much our pets really do mean for each of us. I lost 2 of my best friends in the past year and it's really tough. Mr. Bobo a wonderful Chow Chow and Suzie McGilicutty, the greatest doberman ever!

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Cat heaven has a new member now and she's got lots of cat nip to play with!
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Michelle
    I'm very, very sorry for you and your family...especially the little guy. I've lost several animals and have always had a difficult time with each. That is a very sweet story regarding his sister being with him. I've seen many animal shows on tv where another animal has acted similar in a situation and believe animals feel for each other a lot more than some realize. This will sound kind of silly maybe to some but we have some tropical fish and when one had passed away the other one was just laying or hovering with it while it was happening. I hope the pain starts to lessen a little soon for you all and am really especially sorry for your little guy. It's always especially tough on the little ones.

Unhappy
    Michelle,
    I am truly sorry to hear about your loss but at least he was comforted in his final hours by his sister's company. Unfortunately it is something which those of us who keep pets have to face all too often. It's small comfort I know but at least he died in peace instead of being tortured by yobs or left to die by a hit and run driver.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    So sorry Michelle. Kitty heaven is now graced by his presence.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    sorry to hear bout' your kitty..i know how it feels to lose a pet

Michelle,

Very, very sorry to hear about your cat.

Sounds like he must of had a great 16 years, so you need to remember that when you are felling down.

I'm sure that he gave as much Love as he received from your family and his sister.

I have a boy / girl pair of kitties too, so I know how you must feel.

Hugs for the New Year!

--Brian

Michelle

Last year I lost 3 littermates to cancer. The girls had just turned 20 when the first was diagnoised. It is very hard to lose a pet - but now I can smile and remember all the good times we shared. And now I know my girls have a new friend in Kitty Heaven
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I'm so sorry, Michelle, about your cat. It's so hard to lose a pet. Take care.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that -- esp. for the little ones in the house. Good move on letting the 7 year old say 'bye'

Awwww so sorry Michelle. I lost my little boy (whippet - Jason) on Thanksgiving day. He was scheduled for surgery the next day. Sad days for sure. There is a site you and your children may want to visit - http://www.rainbowbridgepetmemorials.com/ - pet lovers understand why this site is a place to heal.

Take care.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Sorry to hear that, Michelle.................... I sure know how hard it is to loose a pet you love....

G.

Thanks everyone.

Today is a bit better for everyone.

The youngest is headed off to grandma's for a couple days, so that will be a good distraction for him.
    ~Michelle

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Michelle, I lost my dog of 11 years several years ago to cancer. We had 6 months together and when he passed I was so thankful that I was there with him. It was sad but consoling at the same time. That was before I got married so it was just me. Now that I have kids I can only imagine how difficult it can be. My heart goes out to you.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread