Results 1 to 1 of 1
December 31st, 2006, 12:12 PM #1Google AdSense Tips - Part 1
1. AdSense Earning = Impression-count x Click-though-rate x Cost-per-click x smart-pricing-factor.
2. Impression count is basically referring to your traffic. It means the number of times AdSense block is displayed.
3. Click-through-rate (CTR) is ratio of clicks per impressions. It can range from 0.1% to 30%, but most commonly around 1% to 10%.
4. Cost-per-click (CPC) is the earning you get per click. While traditionally it refers to the amount advertisers pay for each click, it can also mean the amount publishers get for each click.
5. Smart-pricing is AdSense method to determine how valuable clicks from your site is worth. If clicks on your site doesnít provide good value to advertisers, e.g. from visitorsí geo-location that seldom translate to sales, you will only get a fraction of the supposed CPC.
6. Apply for AdSense account via Blogger: Create your Blog Now -- FREE for faster approval.
7. Once you get your AdSense publisher code, you can put it any of your websites without requiring further approval.
8. Read and reread Google AdSense Program Policies and Terms and Conditions.
9. Donít click on your own ads, or ask people to click, even if you are using proxies.
10. Donít use click-bots.
11. Donít encourage your visitors to click on ads. The only acceptable text is ďSponsored LinksĒ and ďAdvertisementsĒ.
12. Donít put competitor contextual ads on the same page as your AdSense, for example: Yahoo Publisher Network, Clicksor. Non-contextual ads are ok.
13. Donít put your ads on objectionable material, e.g. adult sites, gambling sites, mp3, etc.
14. Basically, donít cheat AdSense. Google will catch you, sooner or later.
15. Viewing your on website will not get you banned. Just make sure you donít click on the ads.
16. However, repeatedly reload your page to jack up page impressions can get you banned.
17. When in doubt donít hesitate to contact the AdSense team. They are very helpful.
18. Choose a high paying niche without too much competition.
19. You can try (edited out link) but know before-hand that youíll face very fierce competitions.
20. Use http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/search/tools/bidtool Tool and Search Engine Keyword Tool to find suitable keyword.
I think it can be useful
Last edited by Trust; December 31st, 2006 at 12:30 PM. Reason: took out link to affiliate site, edited a link and made it go to overture's actual bid tool
By brandonmbeard in forum SEO ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: October 13th, 2012, 12:00 AM
By brandonmbeard in forum SEO ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: October 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
By ChitikaWorld in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 10Last Post: November 17th, 2007, 11:39 PM
By mi2arun in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 1Last Post: August 3rd, 2007, 07:25 AM
By ZachH in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 23Last Post: April 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM