Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The Sacred "PM Privilege" Process
    A new member just asked about "when" s/he will be able to send and receive PM's. For a person who has just joined ABW this is a common question, and one that they most often do not realize has been asked countless times by previous new members.

On one hand - that a person asks this question could be an indication that s/he has not taken any time to research any of the threads or posts that so amply enrich this forum and shed a little light on that question. They joined, they are understandably anxious to get on with their own agendas or points of interest - and so they ask.

In some cases members refer them to any one of the endless number of threads on this topic posted long before the new member joined. (It's a tactful way of saying: "hey - if you put a little effort into reviewing the archives, you will be better informed."

The question is always similar: "when do I get to receive PM's?"

So once and for all, to heolp our newest members better understand the process - I offer this as a standard explanation / reference source for all present and future newbies when getting ready to ask this common question:

The Sacred "PM Privilege" Evaluation Process.....

After an undisclosed number of posts, a secret quality control committee convenes in an un-named / secure location (generally involves alcoholic beverages & ). They review the tone, content, educational value and desireability of the new member posts, supplemented by a life history review, credit bureau and personal reference investigation.

After several hours of top level discussion, a preliminary vote is then taken. If you are accepted for PM privileges, "white" smoke will emerge from the smoke stack above the hallowed meeting place. If a unanymous decision cannot be reached, black smoke will emerge and you will then be privately contacted by an emissary who will instruct as to what you must do in order to earn a chance for reconsideration. (sometimes involves buying a round for the house).

It is a long and stressful ordeal designed to weed out the "me" types and identify the "us" types. If you are subsequently accepted, you are then given the final test - a four day survival challenge in the jungles of South America, with nothing but two matches, a jungle thong and a can of Deet.

Should you survive the final test you are then hung by your thumbs and hoisted to the top of the sweat lodge where you are suspended for 48 hours to achieve final cleansing. Then and only then are you declared a worthy ABW warrior!!

Actually, that is what I suggested to Haiko and the "elders" in our village - but I think he opted for some reasonable number of posts that confirm your good intentions.....

I guess that works too - but I think my idea has a lot more "excitement appeal" to it!!

Welcome to ABW

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

waitaminnit ... you got deet?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Talking
    it's kept in ballisportle tanks now.

Pop - yep - Haiko and the Council of Elders changed the rules last year after several newbies were lost to West Nile. But my hat is off to you old salts - you had it tough!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    and a can of Deet.
    And no can opener?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    And no can opener?
    Thank God - No can opener!! The can is pressurized for spraying - but I do hear tell that some of the original warriors tried it..... and there is a moment of silence to commemorate their valiant efforts every year at the Secret Council Elk Meat Dinner!! Woo Ah Wah...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread