freebie sites
    i am startin a web site that lists different freebie sites (ie free laptop, free plasma ect...) does commissionjunction provide these kind of links? Currently my site provide non-commission links, it would be nice to be able to list offers and get paid commission for each click instead of just commission from adsense. or is there any other affiliate network that would do this?

thanks for any help, im a newbie at this.

Question
    starting a grand project calls for a little homework (diligence.) Have you seen how many freebie sites exist lately?

im not starting a freebie site, just listing different freebie sites

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give the guy a break. He got a FREE site scraper program to put together other scumbags freebees and pasted Adsense clicktraps all over it. Pilfering junk traffic must be where it's at in 2007.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Question
    what do you call a site that lists freebie sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    what do you call a site that lists freebie sites?
    not sure what you call it. just trying to list freebie sites.

Exclamation
    Hmm..... CJ does have affiliateships available in some if you hunt around, I think. But some may be suspect in that it is possible the merchants may do suspicious things to the computers of your visitors. Do you want that?

Why I say that, CJ has taken on some merchants with histories of bad action. If you search some of our postings in this section you'll find out more.

The theme of "The networks are not necessarily clean" rings throughout this forum for a good reason.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy
    not sure what you call it. just trying to list freebie sites.
    Chewy.......They are just having a little "year end fun" at your expense.

By the way......How do you make money with this plan?
    Just keep in mind that I have turned down at least a warehouse full of 42" plasma TV's.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Chewy.......They are just having a little "year end fun" at your expense.

By the way......How do you make money with this plan?
    Just keep in mind that I have turned down at least a warehouse full of 42" plasma TV's.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    well, part of this plan was to learn php and use mysql, i have personally made over $13K in cash and prizes from freebie sites so i am pretty knowlegable about them, I started listing them manually but was hoping to make some cash off these links myself. im hoping to make money by either getting traffic to the sites for completion of offers of just traffic in general.

Lightbulb
    nah . . . just checking where he is coming from . . .

now, I do remember a merchant that offers free mouse pads and maybe another for free business cards but I'm not exactly sure which network they're in.

so Chewy, here's what you do: go into CJ and click on Get Links and do

Search

and over 700 merchants show up on the list for "free"

See what they are offering; some may be what you want.

and Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    nah . . . just checking where he is coming from . . .

now, I do remember a merchant that offers free mouse pads and maybe another for free business cards but I'm not exactly sure which network they're in.

so Chewy, here's what you do: go into CJ and click on Get Links and do

Search

and over 700 merchants show up on the list for "free"

See what they are offering; some may be what you want.

and Good Luck.
    probably stupid question, i probably have to have an account with them to search 1st right? i told you i am new...sorry to bother you guys with such questions

Lightbulb
    well, that's no problem for us. that's why I was asking questions of you in the first place. Now, we know.

Yes, you have to apply to CJ first. It would be good if you had an existing site up and running because that may be a requirement with them (but maybe not; I've been with them since the Stone Age so can't remember.)

go through the motions with them and you should find everything you need. And be sure to read more of the posts in this section here as there is more you need to know discussed here quite often.

i do have site up and running. i will apply and see what happens. thanks for the help so far!!!

Tax Paying Member
    More than likely you will need to sign up with the network before you get any useable information.

Also, networks and all merchants (that I know of) will require that you have a working website.............Then there is that age old question.....What comes first? The chicken or the egg??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

they did indeed have what I was looking for! thanks this is a great start for me!

You might have better luck with CPA networks like Fluxads. They have a lot of freebie offers. Try a search on Abestweb for "CPA Networks"

I don't think CJ has very many "freebie" offers. You can try a search for them (free stuff) once you are approved. The network Websponsors (I think that was their name) used have some good free offers and samples offers, but they were taken over by valuclick? I think.

Some of the free offers that CJ has are Free Trials of wrinkle cream that pay pretty good -- you'll need targetted traffic. And then some merchants pay for a newsletter signup -- not much.

Alot of the people here don't approve of "freebie" sites because basically they (the merchants with the offers) are just trying to get names and emails, even physical addresses of people so they can send them TONS of advertising. You might want to advise your visitors to setup a special "free" email account (yahoo mail or hotmail) to use when they signup for freebies so they keep the junk emails out of their main email accounts.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & Good Luck!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread