I went to the usual place and tried to log in. It says the password is optional. I entered my Nick as always and got a reply that says my password does not match.

Well, I never used a password before.

So, I have some questions. Who's chat room is it anyway? Has it been changed to "by invitation only" or am I the only one locked out. If I am being singled out, why would that be?

If it on the outside chance it is due to some problems people are having with someone other than myself, why am I being dragged into it? I wasn't even around when all that was going on. What does it have to do with me?

In other words, was this just a freak occurance or something personal against me?

ABW Ambassador
    Same problem here, so your not being picked on [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was in the chatroom one day when things got a little confusing as to who was who (I know I was me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), and the question was asked if we would prefer that identities were verified. It might have something to do with this??

Dunno :confused:

[Spelling mistake that changed meaning of sentence]

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Wayder ]

Thank you for answering. I am feeling a bit paranoid, no doubt.

If I need to have my identification verified, I certainly do not mind. Any idea how? I guess you don't know that either.

Gees, some folks have to ruin everything for everybody.

I miss it already!! hehehehehe

ABW Ambassador
    No idea how, but I am sure that someone will tell us sometime.

ABW Ambassador
    The chatroom is mine. I pay for it. It is not an ABW chatroom. I set it up so that people that I have networked with could continue to chat and share ideas until the ABW chat comes online. I opened it up to everyone over the weekend during the upgrade so that people would have a place to go.

Regardless of how I say this it is going to sound wrong. The room was created as a private chatroom and has been returned to that status with the addition of the password due to some security concerns that arose with the room over the weekend.

Mike

I am currently working on finding a good chatroom program that allows control of the following:

usernames
    passwords
    ignore (thank God) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    private chat with another user

If anyone knows of a good chat program let me know. Hopefully I will have something up for everyone by this evening.

Core

Why not open a IRC chat room at undernet or dalnet?

Mike was kind enough to take in 4000+ misplaced people for a weekend. We should be grateful to him for that instead of b!tching that he didn't extend the invitation indefinitely.

Thank you Mike for letting us use your chat this weekend. I sure wouldn't want 4000+ people hanging around my place all the time or even a couple days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

{

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mike was kind enough to take in 4000+ misplaced people for a weekend. We should be grateful to him for that instead of b!tching that he didn't extend the invitation indefinitely.
    Thank you Mike for letting us use your chat this weekend. I sure wouldn't want 4000+ people hanging around my place all the time or even a couple days.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...it was great of Mike to open it up so us 'Temporary Refugees' had a place to hang out during the upgrade.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Mike, that was nice of you and thanks! And I will take full responsibilty for the fact that I spent more time there than on the boards and wasted much more time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Eagle-- I don't think people realized the whole situation with the chatroom. I knew it was Mike's chatroom, but I kind of assumed he put it up when the board went down. I think many people thought it was the "new" chatroom for ABW members.

Core -- cool. I was looking around yesterday for one too. I was looking at one then I noticed in tiny writing at the bottom of the page it was a looksmart company. ::shudder:: I have installed on my server already, but it's the same one as the old chatroom and I think people said they really didn't like that one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I never did come across one yesterday I really liked.

Thanks for clearing it up and letting us use the room. I didn't know if it was somehow connected with ABW or what.

I thought I had been banned for reasons unknown and couldn't figure it out.

Mike,

Yes, thanks for opening up the chat room. It was especially help for me as I was able to talk about a link problem I had and others there helped me solve it. It was a life saver.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We should be grateful to him for that instead of b!tching that he didn't extend the invitation indefinitely.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had no idea... I thought it was Haiko's room.

I certainly enjoyed talking live to the other affilites (well MOST of them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Thanks Dr Evil for providing the forum for us during the upgrade.

Akoss

Mike, I would like to add my thanks also. Having a place to chat really took the edge off my withdrawal symptoms!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread