An OMG Factoid
    or at least omg for some

70% of the U.S. population was not born yet when Gerald Ford was President.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

http and a telephoto
    70%???????????????????? Was there a big boom that killed off everyone born before that????

Or was there a baby boom that I missed cause I was too busy raising my kids?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Ok, now I feel old...
    Where did you hear/read that figure?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Ok, now I feel old...
    Where did you hear/read that figure?
    It was on the news.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    70%???????????????????? Was there a big boom that killed off everyone born before that????
    Errr.. old age, I think...
    leeann

Wow! That just doesn't sound right.

He was president from 1974 to 1977. Depending on which date they use, that means they're saying that 70% of the population is under 30 or under 33.

I just found some age statistics. The 70% threshold is closer to 50. Over half of the current population was alive during Ford's entire presidency.

Whew! I was starting to feel old. Glad it was just some bad statistics.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Wow! That just doesn't sound right.

He was president from 1974 to 1977. Depending on which date they use, that means they're saying that 70% of the population is under 30 or under 33.

I just found some age statistics. The 70% threshold is closer to 50. Over half of the current population was alive during Ford's entire presidency.

Whew! I was starting to feel old. Glad it was just some bad statistics.
    Mike, you know the TV/Radio reporters of today either screw up the numbers in their report or just make them up.

I think your numbers are closer to real life.

the reporters proly got the stat off a website and called it fact :-)~

I thought he was president in 68....hmmm.. I'll have to go look it up.. and you are right. He took the oath in 1974. Oh well! Whew!!!!!!!! (It was on Fox news)
    leeann

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    (It was on Fox news)
    Here I thought people were just being partisan and/or exaggerating when they called it "Faux" News. Maybe not!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My first response was to suggest that, actually, 70% of the U.S. population was still living in Mexico when Ford was President, but that is politically incorrect, lol. Just punning around, no offense intended!!! ( EC slaps his own hand and scurries away )
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    My first response was to suggest that, actually, 70% of the U.S. population was still living in Mexico when Ford was President, but that is politically incorrect, lol. Just punning around, no offense intended!!! ( EC slaps his own hand and scurries away )
    You said it, I didn't...... BUT That's the first thing I thought.

Are thoughts controled by PC?

Reporters do make mistakes... I'm not sure what paper it was, but someone last month attributed the bombing of Pearl Harbor to Germany, on the front page, in print.

So... Mistakes happen
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Stat only applies to the Middle East.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Reporters do make mistakes... I'm not sure what paper it was, but someone last month attributed the bombing of Pearl Harbor to Germany, on the front page, in print.

So... Mistakes happen
    Sounds like something I'd do..lol
    leeann

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth

So... Mistakes happen
    Did you see that on David Letterman last night?

That was the newspaper we own! LOL

The real story on that is that they have correspondents that write stories for each town in the county. The correspondent for Hillman had that in her weekly article.

No one noticed it until it went to print so the next week we ran a correction.

The weekly article was not on the front page, but is on the Hillman page within the paper.

This is the second time we have been on Letterman in the past month. The first time was for an ad for Panda Waste Removal. They are a garabage company. Dave thought it was a funny name with a niche market. LOL

The Letterman show called about 2 months ago and ordered 6 months of back issues, plus a years subscription to our paper.

To bad they didn't do it sooner. Awhile back there was a picture of some people in town presenting a check to the Lions club. They raised money by having a bowl-a-thon. The paper said blow-a-thon! Another one was some girls going under the Limbo stick and it said Bimbo Stick!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    Did you see that on David Letterman last night?

That was the newspaper we own! LOL

The real story on that is that they have correspondents that write stories for each town in the county. The correspondent for Hillman had that in her weekly article.

No one noticed it until it went to print so the next week we ran a correction.

The weekly article was not on the front page, but is on the Hillman page within the paper.

This is the second time we have been on Letterman in the past month. The first time was for an ad for Panda Waste Removal. They are a garabage company. Dave thought it was a funny name with a niche market. LOL

The Letterman show called about 2 months ago and ordered 6 months of back issues, plus a years subscription to our paper.

To bad they didn't do it sooner. Awhile back there was a picture of some people in town presenting a check to the Lions club. They raised money by having a bowl-a-thon. The paper said blow-a-thon! Another one was some girls going under the Limbo stick and it said Bimbo Stick!
    Maybe you need to plant a funny story/mistake about a domain name....ahemmmm. Might get some national traffic if you can make it sound like a mistake. Maybe title the web site incorrectly....!

Got a kick a few years back, the local newspaper ran a story about the fire department selling this green firetruck they had nicknamed Weenie... Headline read, "Fire Dept. to Auction off Green Weenie" Errr, definately caused a few doubletakes.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    Maybe you need to plant a funny story/mistake about a domain name....ahemmmm. Might get some national traffic if you can make it sound like a mistake. Maybe title the web site incorrectly....!

Now there's an idea!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

72 percent of all statistics are wrong, and 81 percent are useless.

For example, they say 1 out of 5 people born in the world are Chinese.

My mom had 5 kids and none of them were Chinese.

79.3% of all statistics are made up.

There are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread