Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    RSS Feed Advice
    Hi all,

I am looking for a way to make our blog RSS feed display on another part of our site.

Any recommendations for how to make this happen since I don't know how and hate to ask our tech guys for something I am supposed to know (at least in their minds )

Thanks!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

I've used feedburner's buzzboost feature for a while now and it works flawlessly.

Sign up for a free feedburner feed, and activate buzzboost in the publicize tab. Copy the javascript and you're done.

You can easily style the resulting republished feed as well.

Here's an example from my site.

The original feed is http://www.theseminal.com/wordpress/?feed=rss2

Which is republished on http://www.theseminal.com

Good luck!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I use a couple of products from Gecko Tribe that you should really check out. (Hmmm... maybe I should see if they have an affiliate program) :-)

Anyway, their tools are simply wonderful, support and forums are the best. I truly had no idea what I was doing with RSS feeds, php, etc. - but I knew I wanted to aggregate feeds from different sources, display them throughout my website, rotate information and filter, etc.

Of the top of my head, I would say it's a simple display using their CARP product (might even by able to do it with the free version if it's just one RSS feed from the blog).

Here's the link to their site. http://www.geckotribe.com/rss/carp/

I use CARP Evolution and Tetra on my site if you want to see some examples. My home page and headline news pages are utilizing CARP, and my entertainment page uses Tetra (the scrolling feed with latest movies).

Unfortunately, if you view source you can't really see - but it's a simple php script to implement.

I dont publish my own RSS - but their tools cover that also - and there are plenty of examples and help in the forums. Folks are pretty knowledgeable if you get stuck.

Hope this helps!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks!

I ended up just turning this over to one of our IT guys and said "have fun" as I am clearly too dumb to figure it all out. He did a great job and our affiliates noticed it Our blog traffic is up and more and more affiliates have emailed and commented on the posts and thanked us for them.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread