Am I Out of the Fashion Loop?
    If I am, I wouldn't be surprised, I've never paid attention to what anyone else wears, only what I like. Anyway, for many years now I've worn Henleys (long sleeve) because I hate collars. Most of the Henleys I own are old and most don't fit like they used to.

I drove to an outlet mall yesterday to find some new ones. I hit Hilfiger, Nautica, Eddie Bauer, Aeropostale and a couple of other similar stores and couldn't find a single one. So that was a 2 hour round trip that was a waste (well almost, I did spend money, just not on clothes).

Shirts are not something I'll buy online, because of my build (tall and skinny), I have to make sure they're going to fit right. Either the torso is long enough and the sleeves aren't or vice versa.

So are these just so out of date they don't make them anymore or am I missing something? My favorite one I still wear is a Bugle Boy one (yeah I said they were old ). But I figured someone else would make them.

Anyhoo, off to watch the Sugar Bowl for now.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

CPA Network Rep
    I find the same with the shirt sleeve thing and I'm not that tall. I guess they expect women to be maxed out at 5foot7 or something... however, I did get some great henleys at Old Navy in December for guys in my family. 100% cotton. That's a pretty good store for staples like that which are not too pricey. And I don't think you're that far out of the fashion loop based on this post, henleys are worn by lots of people!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Find a store with a generous return policy and order one style in three different sizes (size you think you are, one size larger, one size smaller). You're bound to hit with one of them. Then you return the other two.

As for fashion, move over coz I'm a dimwit too. That's why I stick with denim, black, white and gray most of the time. It's hard to screw that combo up.

Find a store with a generous return policy and order one style in three different sizes (size you think you are, one size larger, one size smaller). You're bound to hit with one of them. Then you return the other two.
    So that's why there are so many reversals on shoe merchants!

In order to see what shoe will match with their new clothes, they will also buy three pairs of shoes for every one of those three different sizes of clothes they order, so I the end of the month, they have ordered a total of three dresses and nine pairs of shoes.

Now we all know from were those 8 shoes reversals, come from.

Oh Sal, it's worse than that! Let's say you're trying to find shoes to go with your favorite purple pantsuit. Men don't realize this but there are many different shades of purple and the colors don't always translate well to an online picture. So you have to buy several different shoes in various shades of purple to see which one coordinates with your outfit. You choose your favorite and return the rest. I bet this happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Oh Sal, it's worse than that! Let's say you're trying to find shoes to go with your favorite purple pantsuit. Men don't realize this but there are many different shades of purple and the colors don't always translate well to an online picture. So you have to buy several different shoes in various shades of purple to see which one coordinates with your outfit. You choose your favorite and return the rest. I bet this happens a lot.
    Rhea, you just gave me an idea!

Someone may steal my idea from this post, but I will post it anyway.

By next month, I am going to open a new mall site, with merchants that only have unisex products of any kind, and that one size will fit everyone, that way any chance of revelsals will be cut by more than 95%.

Now, I will be looking to see if I can find any similar OneSizeFitsAll domain name, available out there.

Good luck, Sal, but I think you'd do better if you made a "Purple Shoe Mall," "Green Shoe Mall," "Orange Shoe Mall," etc.

Men just don't understand how women shop for shoes!

Maybe I'll give Old Navy a try. Ugh. I've always avoided giving my money to any company with insanely annoying commercials, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread