Consulting
    Hi everybody. As usual I appreciate all the feedback I have recieved from the community on the site. It has been a real great learning tool. Another question I had for the users. We launched our affiliate program with moderate success. I am looking for the best way to make our affiliate program highly successful. I have looked into different consulting options, and I of course review this board regularly. But what are some suggestions for assisting me in developing a great affiliate program? Is consulting the best option?

http and a telephoto
    There are excellent consultants here at ABW. Contact a few that look like they work in your niche or that you feel comfortable with talking to. Once you start talking to them you will get a feel for who you want to spend time working with and who fits your needs.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by rcampbell
    Hi everybody. As usual I appreciate all the feedback I have recieved from the community on the site. It has been a real great learning tool. Another question I had for the users. We launched our affiliate program with moderate success. I am looking for the best way to make our affiliate program highly successful. I have looked into different consulting options, and I of course review this board regularly. But what are some suggestions for assisting me in developing a great affiliate program? Is consulting the best option?
    Please feel free to call, email, or IM anytime to discuss the services we offer and how we can help improve your program.
    KK

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    But what are some suggestions for assisting me in developing a great affiliate program?
    Save time, Call Kristin
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    In order to have a good to great program, you would need to spend 20 hours/week on it. If you do not have the time, consultants or OPM are the way to go.

There are lots of good consultants on here, Loxly (Deb), Kristin, M Nunez, Chuck Hamrick, Chris - AMWSO.

Each of them have their niche and strengths.

I would set benchmarks and goals together and if they would to hit it, pay a bonus or something

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am always happy to discuss programs and turn down more than I take as they are not ready for prime time. Affiliate marketing is an extension of a successful online marketing program. Best to work on your won PPC, SEO and site conversion first rather than test it on affiliates. Here are the 3 spoiler questions I ask:

What is your current online monthly revenue?
    What is your site conversion?
    What is your budget for affiliate marketing?

If you would like to discuss please contact at chamrick at affiliatecrew.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick

Sounds familiar My first 3 are very close to that. The most interesting answer is usually to number 3...

"Budget? We only pay for sales right? Why do we need a budget?."
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. I've been reading your posts and can see you have a great attitude about learning about affiliate marketing. Sounds like your program is doing pretty well already so you must be doing something right. Believe me you are in the right place.

I "discovered" ABW about a year ago myself and since I did I finally feel I've got a handle on what's going on. Pay attention to Andy, and Loxly, and Geno, and Chuck and many others too. They are all great OPMs and know their stuff. But also listen to the affiliates. They are really the ones who have taught us what we know. Look for Donuts, and TrustNo1, and Michael Coley, and gosh lots of others.

Here's a little something I would like to offer. We have an education section on our web site that gives an overview of how AM works and some ideas on what makes an affiliate and therefore a merchant successful. We humbly offer it as a place to go to get some help. Click here to check it out.

Good luck...

thanks everybody great suggestions and info. We have a real good handle on ppc and seo for a few key terms in our niche. This year we are really looking at increasing our sales and presence in the affiliate world. Does anyone know of a consultant with good experience in gourmet food?

If you would like to discuss please contact at chamrick at affiliatecrew.com.
    1-In 2005 we did about 8 mil in sales most of this was from online.
    2-Our conversion is at about 5% on average
    3-Our budget is TBD for 07'

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    In order to have a good to great program, you would need to spend 20 hours/week on it. If you do not have the time, consultants or OPM are the way to go.

There are lots of good consultants on here, Loxly (Deb), Kristin, M Nunez, Chuck Hamrick, Chris - AMWSO.

Each of them have their niche and strengths.

I would set benchmarks and goals together and if they would to hit it, pay a bonus or something
    I am able to spend 20+ hours on developing and managing our affiliate program. Now it is determining where is that time best spent?

Do you allow affiliates to direct link and bid on your brands. What about your trade name?

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    There are excellent consultants here at ABW. Contact a few that look like they work in your niche or that you feel comfortable with talking to. Once you start talking to them you will get a feel for who you want to spend time working with and who fits your needs.
    loxly, I believe I have corresponded with your before. Are you the person who use to work for a gourmet food company?

Do you allow affiliates to direct link and bid on your brands. What about your trade name?
    we only do not allow bids on our company name.

Talking
    I am able to spend 20+ hours on developing and managing our affiliate program. Now it is determining where is that time best spent?
    That is true.
    If you can utilize your time at another project and get a higher return, I am sure you know what project you are going to focus on.

Just a tip for you.
    From a merchant's view - Affiliate marketing is one of the lowest cost of marketing of most of the marketing channels and everything can be tracked back to the $$ spent. I have worked and done print media ads in glossy magazines. Yes, it will give you branding but we were unable to tie back the $$ spent to revenue generated.

Aff marketing is not a short term marketing program for quick returns. There are merchant that break even for their program via aff marketing but at the end of the day, the merchant would earn a customer for life (if you do not drop the ball).

Decide on your goals + set requirements, have a projection of your revenue and expenses, get resumes of all OPM, match it up with your goals/requirement to the resume. Narrow it down to a few OPM. Talk to some people on here for second opinions, and let the dice roll.

All the best.

(No, I am not an OPM)

http and a telephoto
    loxly, I believe I have corresponded with your before. Are you the person who use to work for a gourmet food company?
    lol, nope I never worked for a food company. I worked for CafePress.com, a print on demand company. Have you been to Affiliate Summit in the past?

Feel free to email me and I can give you a call and make some recommendations. A couple of us already have discussed your site and program
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Internet Cowboy
    [Homer]Mt. Ranier Cherries....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[/Homer]

Also budget at least six months to break even.

we have some good funds to throw at it.

Chuck, I thought you can do it in 2 months

Honestly, sign a NDA with the consultant, share your date and set a realistic goal together with the consultant/OPM.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread