Directtrack reporting
    Hi,

Does DT have postback reporting ? Basically run a script on my site when a conversion is registered.

Gautam

Are you asking about a feature or the basics of it's tracking?

I'm not familiar with the terminology you're using. But if, my memory is correct, it is both cookie and pixel based in which you place a pixel that servers from DT on your sales (conversion) verification page.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

I want to know if it supports postback reporting or not ?

What I want is run a file on my server when a conversion is registered. Like mysite.com/postback.php?campaignid=1&subid=5

http and a telephoto
    Have you asked Direct Track? That doesn't sound like a standard feature.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I emailed them now.

So what are the other options for realtime tracking ? I dont want to get into the pixel tracking, anything else ?

All I want is when a user does an offer, it should be posted to my site without me having to logon, check reports and do it manually.

BTW How does Pixels work?

CPA Network Rep
    personalpa,

DT has a couple options that may be able to help you. First, each DT account has an API section in the affiliate interface for you to programmatically pull statistics, campaign, and creative data. You can access this by going into the affiliate interface under the Tools section, and clicking on the "Affiliate Web Services" link. If you do not see that link there, contact the DT network/account you are working with and ask them to activate it.

The second option is something that we call a 3rd Party Pixel. If you have a tracking system that uses pixels to track, you can give the DT account that pixel and ask them to place it in their 3rd Party Tracking script (if indeed they use those). This is a script that when launched on the advertisers confirmation page will track the conversion to your affiliate account, but will also 'fire' your pixel on that page so that your tracking system captures the conversion in real-time.

You should consult the DT network(s) that you are working with and they can help point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

Pixel is a bit complicated, I have checked API, but could not understand how it works. Is there any guide for that ? I checked API of a network and it generated an XML file, and I didn't know how to use it.

For API, Do I have to schedule it to run at specific time or is it every time a conversion is registered ?

So, Postbacks is not available ?

CPA Network Rep
    No problem.

We don't have any further documentation on the API calls. The XML feeds that are there are typically enough info to use this. There is some programming knowledge to make this work. You can schedule how often the data is pulled as well so long as you have the programming knowledge. It is an advanced feature.

I'm not very familiar with the 'post back' functionality that you are asking about and we haven't had that request in the past. So for now the two options I outlined are your best bet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Best,

The problem is I am not very good at coding and I don't know XML. I will try to find a coder for API. One person told me he could make a code which will login to the network using my username and password and download stats which I feel is not very safe.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread