Problem with MotoLeather?
    Does anyone know if there is some kind of problem with Moto Leather?

I have noticed that they show absolutly no sales since November, and also haven't been compliance tested since 11/11/06. I imagine they have had some sales through SAS!

I have driven a ton of traffic their way in the last couple of months, and haven't received a cent of commission. I know For Sure that I had at least one sale, as I watched a co-worker of mine order some of their products directly through a link on my website. My links all seem ok, as they all seem to be correctly tracked on SAS.

Is there a problem with the Moto Leather tracking of sales, or perhaps a problem on the SAS side of things?

Is Moto Leather still an active member of SAS?

If anyone knows of a problem, please let me know about it.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Something is wrong with them. Looking at their graphs and they're a flatline merchant.

Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 11/09/2006 11:15.26 PM
    Last Compliance Test Completed: 11-Nov-06

Question
    I had a few good summer sales with them but nothing in months.

I've got the same situation going on. I used to have a steady dribble of sales, then they started duplicating because of something new in their set-up. The AM had a phone call scheduled with me to go over reports and he disappeared off the face of the planet. It seems like that was late summer, early fall. I'm curious, but haven't found the time to chase it.

I just wonder what, if anything would happen if they were compliance tested

ABW Ambassador
    My last sale from them was on October 21. Since then, I got nothing. Tons of traffics sent to them, especially last month. But what I've got is zero sales. It sounds very suspicious.

I started with them probably about Oct/Nov.

Because they had a well organized medium sized feed, I used it to build my first data feed site. It was about the time they were assisting Br*d F*llon (Name?) with a marketing venture.

Anyway I never made a sale with them, except one on direct PPC for like 80 cents commission.

Eventually I sent them a message through SAS asking about sales and they never replied, so I pulled the plug in mid December.

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    My last sale from them was on October 21. Since then, I got nothing. Tons of traffics sent to them, especially last month. But what I've got is zero sales. It sounds very suspicious.

Very suspicious I agree.

I don't know if I should pull the plug on them myself, or wait it out a little longer. It would be interesting to hear from someone at SAS about this matter.

I filled out a ticket about it a few weeks ago, and got no reply from SAS

Internet Cowboy
    I did well with them once, but it was a long time ago. He was a very nice guy to work with. I don't see a link to their affiliate program on their site. Maybe they closed it?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I did well with them once, but it was a long time ago. He was a very nice guy to work with. I don't see a link to their affiliate program on their site. Maybe they closed it?
    They still have the link, it's toward the bottom of the page.

I sent an email to Moto Leather to see what's up, I'll post any info I get from them about this.

Hi Folks,

I apologize for the lack of communication. Moto Leather underwent an acquisition over the last few months. I have been transitioning the company ever since. I am still in charge of running the company though so for those who I have gotten to know I'm still here.

I am going to do two things right away. First I will call SAS to find out if the Moto Leather Program is not tracking correctly for converting affiliates. Second I will get the datafeed updated. I was not aware there were any issues occuring.

Moto Leather is bringing a well known team on full time to manage, work with, and grow it's affiliate program. For the most part I was just making sure the datafeed was updated and the money connected to auto-deposit was flowing. I was not aware there were potential problems happening until I found this thread while doing some SEO work today.

With a full time team perhaps we can get things moving to the next level with timely banners and other iniatives. I will report back here after I talk with SAS and again I apologize if there were problems and no one was there to answer your concerns.

Sincerely,
    Mike Gelblicht
    Moto Leather
    mike@motoleather.com
    Last edited by MotoLeatherMikeG; January 15th, 2007 at 04:34 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad Mike finally hear us. At least we know something is going on with Motoleather.

Welcome to ABW, Mike.

Anything new, Mike?

I'd sent a message to SAS via their ticket system a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, they said they were able to contact Motoleather and were working "to resolve a tracking problem on their website"

Then there is this:
    Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 01/25/2007 05:03.40 PM

Looks like it's fixed now.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Here is the latest. I put the code back in cart. Apparently when customizations were done last the code was removed. Now I am seeing transactions, but they are showing up as zero pay out to affiliates.

I have contacted a 3rd party company to fix the code so it works correctly again. With Yahoo cart there are some other requirements other than copying and pasting the code SAS gives the merchant.

So there are some unfinished items to attend to:

1. Manually pay on current affiliate sales rolling in until code is fixed.
    2. Pay affiliates who should have been since code stopped working.

Item 2 is the big issue since I don't think there is a way to know which of our sales were from affiliates since the tracking code broke.

I am open to suggestions on how to best serve you my customers on this issue. I am leaning towards looking at the previous fully commissioned month for affiliates and repaying them or bonus commission for a period of time for active affiliates.

Let me know what you think. As mentioned before I have hired an affiliate management company everyone is familiar with and their name will be known most likely by next week.

I am really glad this posting was indexed by google in the first place or I would have missed it. Again I am sorry for this mess and will do my best to get it cleaned up and have taken action by hiring an affiliate management company to improve the program from here on out and avoid this mistake again.

Sincerely,
    Mike Gelblicht
    Moto Leather

Now I am seeing transactions, but they are showing up as zero pay out to affiliates.
    Thank you for recognizing this problem Mike! I got one (below) and just shook my head at it .

Turns out, I had some PPC KW clicks (buried in my campaigns) that I did not pull the plug on.

Let us know as soon as transactions are fixed, I have a PPC campaign in pause mode that I want to fire up again.

Date Posted: 01/23/2007 05:28.23 PM
    Transaction ID: 14336900

Sale Amount: $0.00
    Your Commission: $0.00
    Merchant ID:
    7146 - Moto Leather

Transaction Comment:
    Sale - None

timeline for reporting outage??

Unfortunately I show 11/9 as last commission paid so I will take that into account when rectifying the situation.

Sales are now paying out affiliates correctly again. I will update you with corrections this week.

Hi Everyone,

I just sent out a newsletter to the SAS list. Once approved by SAS it will hit your inboxes.

I haven't seen a newsletter yet? I even checked in the SAS interface under description of program > recent newsletters. When will the new management company be announced? Is there some reason to think we shouldn't know who it is?

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    I haven't seen a newsletter yet? I even checked in the SAS interface under description of program > recent newsletters. When will the new management company be announced? Is there some reason to think we shouldn't know who it is?
    I had an email on Monday from: i n f o at mgsystemworks dot com with Mike's signature on it.

Hi, Mr Jones! Good to see you again!

I didn't get the newsletter - hmm. I've gotten several other things through the SAS system this week. Mike - if you see this, could you maybe send it again or make sure it's posted in the interface under recent newsletters?

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread