Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    OK where's SSANF?!
    Has anyone heard from Sandra (SSANF) lately? It's been too long since she's posted.

Maybe she's been busy posting in the Off Topic forum? :-)

Sure would be good to hear from her!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    Someone else just noticed her missing also... come check in!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I saw her online yesterday, reading a thread.

Tsup, Sandra? Don't you like us anymore?

Yes, Sandra, we sure miss ya!!

Geno

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I saw her online yesterday, reading a thread.
    Ah thank you Rhea -

Sandra we miss you! Come back to OZ!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

C'mon Sandra, you add some spice to this place. We do miss your POV.

I miss you too. You're not buried in a Web Merge project are you?

I miss her also!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah Ssanf, I've been wondering where you went to, too!

You didn't fall down one of those bottomless KY mines, did you?!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Ssanf, MIA!

Guess she is relaxing at a beach after a hard earn x'mas

C'mon Sandra, you add some spice to this place. We do miss your POV.
    Yes.

I reckoned she was busy over the holidays.

Comeback!

(Blush) Gee! I guess I have been spending way too much time with other distractions.

I have been on a Pagan forum a lot because they discuss politics and religion, there. You know how much a sucker I am for that. Besides, the more I post, the more they buy stuff from me.

And, well, you know, I discovered YouTube. Now, I want to be a YouTube star!!! All the atheists over there are attacking Pagans and I need to become the champion of our righteous cause!! Unfortunately, I have no camera so that is not working out so well, for some strange reason.

If I were a YouTube star, I could plug my site in every video...heee, hee, hee. I have them on the run in the comments, now! I am going to whip those pansy, atheist, non-believers and make them all convert at the point of a cutting comment! Well, I think, I will leave TheAmazingAtheist alone. He is ALMOST as sexy as Haiko. Besides, he is the smartest of the lot and he could whip my butt.

Seriously, I think if I followed up on this, I could generate some major traffic. Get a good controversial or entertaining niche and give it a try. I have been sort of building a name and some recognition in preperation as I think about this project.

I HAVE BEEN UNFAITHFUL!!!

Forgive.....

I really love you guys.

I want to be a YouTube star!!!!
    Last edited by SSanf; January 5th, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

You are priceless SSanf!

Sandra, I was thinking we could take up a collection to get you a video camera but then I realized if we did...we'd probably never see you again.

What exactly do you want to film for youtube?

ABW Ambassador
    "Unfortunately, I have no camera so that is not working out so well, for some strange reason."

Webcams are cheap, you can get a good one for under $50 easily.

Part of the problem is that I think you are supposed to have only one account and I am torn between wanting to do Pagan stuff and wanting to do an urban homesteading series. I don't really think the two will mix well. If I do Pagan, I want to rant. If I do homesteading, I want to teach. I think the personas would be mutually exclusive. The one is a bad ass, the other is sweet.

I can do Pagan videos with a cheap camera but will need to invest more to do a homesteading series because I will need to be able to go on location, at least, outside in my garden and, hopefully, to other people's homes to show what they are doing in terms of self-sufficiency.

Both appeal to me a lot. I have a pretend mini farm on my little mini lot. 500 square feet of raised garden beds, a barn shaped shed, mini orchard and I even raise miniature Serama chickens. I do canning, freezing, dehydrating, baking and all those homely skills.

If I do Pagan, I can probably ride in on the coat tails of the Atheists and build a fast and dirty subscriber list. If I do homesteading, I may have to invest a lot more time and effort to get subscribers but it could be a great series. With Pagan, there are only a few merchants that I can really promote and could get smacked down by having too many eggs in one basket. With homesteading, there are tons of possible merchants to promote.

So, you see, it is still in the early thinking about it stage. Even if I could get two accounts, I think trying to do both would be counter productive. It would take a full day to just shoot one ten minute video and the next day to edit it. Even if I were only doing what would look like an off the cuff Pagan rant, I would script it first.

BTW My degree was in Radio-Television. That's what they called it at the Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University way back when.
    Last edited by SSanf; January 5th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    "Part of the problem is that I think you are supposed to have only one account and I am torn between wanting to do Pagan stuff and wanting to do an urban homesteading series."

You can have more than one account. Just pick another username, tie it to another email address and you're set. And when you do, I want to know your usernames so I can subscribe

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think you should go with homesteading. After all, like you said, there are tons of merchants you can promote. (And, you KNOW that GoodBulbs would be great for your garden segments!) Plus you can catch all the eco-types who, even if they don't want to go whole hog, would appreciate some less-known (less known to city folks) tips for eco-friendly methods.

Plus, I'm more interested in homesteading info (even if not trying to sell things). Stuff like how to tell the power company to jump off a pier and not end up freezing my butt off is good to know even if I don't intend on using that data right away.

Miniature chickens? Regular chickens aren't too big--how small are the mini ones?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

BOTH sounds like worthy pursuits, homesteading has been something I have always wanted to learn more about though! I think there has been a gradually increasing interest in the subject, and you can see when you try to buy books say on cordwood construction on eBay that folks are buying products related and don't mind paying a bit for them! (I hate being outbid on there!)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I don't really think the two will mix well.
    Definately not and they are at 2 extreme ends if you put them on the same scale. Focus on one cos if you do too many things, you are only putting 50% of your time/efffort into one.

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I can do Pagan videos with a cheap camera but will need to invest more to do a homesteading series ...

If I do Pagan, I can probably ride in on the coat tails of the Atheists and build a fast and dirty subscriber list. If I do homesteading, I may have to invest a lot more time and effort to get subscribers but it could be a great series.
    From what you mentioned, I think you should go with Pagan.
    1) less expensive & faster to establish. If you decide to back out in 1 yr, you are not seeing a lot of red ink. Thus, you don't have to dispose some of the misl farm equip.
    2) relatively new sector of e-commerce and with not a lot of merchants, i am assuming that there are not a lot of affiliates in this area too. Be one of the First to Market.

Hmmmm, TheAmazingAtheist .... "almost" huh? Settling for second best? You've never done that

Welcome Home!!!!!

You were missed!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

>>>>BTW My degree was in Radio-Television. That's what they called it at the Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University way back when.<<<<

good ol' WAER, I believe

Good Luck Sandra!

See what strong personalities good ole Upstate New York creates (even if you just go to college here).

We're all smart, driven, attractive people
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Miniature chickens? Regular chickens aren't too big--how small are the mini ones?
    Serama (also known as Ayam Serama or Malaysian Serama) is a breed of chicken originating from Malaysia. They are the lightest bantam chicken breed in the world, with hens being in the range of 175-500 grams (6-17 ounces) and roosters 225-500 grams (7-17 ounces).

I understand, that they stopped importing them, after the bird flu scare and that only around 300 birds entered this country, 150 (approx.) survived as fertile breeders. All the ones here now came from those. I don't know if all that is true.

Anyway, a class A bird sells for around $150 and others are about $50 per bird. I got mine through barter, which meant that I worked my butt off in my friend's garden last summer. Plus, I gave him a swap of a lot of fertile eggs to keep his gene pool going. The hatch rate is very low due to inbreeding. I have a rooster and four hens, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Hmmmm, TheAmazingAtheist .... "almost" huh? Settling for second best? You've never done that
    You gotta know, that second best is WAY behind YOU!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast