Does anyone know if Dell computers has an affiliate program? If so, who is it with?

Dell Small Business US have a program at BeFree
    Dell UK have a program at TradeDoubler
    (Don't forget Dell at Tiger Direct [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: chinaski ]

Really? TD sells Dells? Great! Thanks!!!

TD have a few Dell products and some Dell specific links at Befree that link to this page- http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/dell/index.asp

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: chinaski ]

Dell Home has a program through Linkshare.
    Dell Business through BeFree.
    Dell UK through TradeDoubler - must have a UK presence/address/bank to enroll, I believe.

Dell kind of sux in that even for the US they split between linkshare and Befree. If someone clicks through befree to Dell Business and then purchases from Dell Home, no commission for you. Dell (Small) Business is targeted to some of the same people as Dell Home - Its not like its really two different markets.

Dell Home is by default 1% of sales, no tiering, IIRC. (Negotiable I believe)

Dell Business is by default tiered up to 4% (I think) based on sales.

Good Luck.
    Nebufil

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Can you spell Dell.com. So can everyone else and type it in the address bar. They do not drive sales through their affiliate links. ZERO day cookies -800# and offline financing to go with many other diversion tactics. They have the lowest conversion ratio of any major branded merchant on all networks. They have never responded to challenges that their one shopping cart can't track affiliate sales tags from multiple networks at the same time. They either leave all tags active so nothing reports or they alternate tags to let a few sales pass through. If you ever make minimum you'll wait months for the check.

I agree! Dell Affiliate program sucks. I have two close friends that bought their systems through my links and no commissions.

I had two relatives purchase through my links and I got no commissions or any answers to my emails asking why. Dell sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    Dell is a great company, sells good computers, and the success story of the 80's and 90's, but their affiliate program is a big time L-O-S-E-R! I can't tell you how much money we lost promoting them, only to record a ZERO after 12 months! We are talking 9,000+ click thrus. And ZERO sales.

Just so you know.. I was naive and dumb back then..... so that's why I kept going.. Anyone in their right mind would have quit at 1000. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I had put some Dell Home Links up from Linkshare before i joined this forum and heard how bad the affiliate program is. But for the year i had 28 clicks and just had my first sale from them a few days ago.
    So i'm keeping them up and see what happens. They are at the bottom of my comp page, so i try to sell Dell thru TigerDirect and the commish for Dell is low only 1%. But 28 clicks 1 sale, i'll just wait and see on this one.

The UK Dell program at Tradedoubler works, I send them very little traffic but it converts well

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "The UK Dell program at Tradedoubler works, I send them very little traffic but it converts well" The redirect to a different web site and shopping cart for the UK program so you don't run into the non-reporting multiple network problem. So we revise our staements ..Dell sucks except for their UK program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread