ABW Ambassador
    Question What do Merchants See?
    I have been wanting to ask this question for sometime.. here goes:

What information & details do merchants have access to about the affiliates in the various networks. i.e. Linkshare, Cj, ShareASale, Performics, AvantLink etc?

I know that in Kolimbo & AffiliateFuture the merchants only see the first site we enter. I made a mistake of putting a cell phone website as my main site in Kolimbo but I recently found out the the merchants only see this site and not any others I had listed which can cause problems getting accepted into a program.

So I would like to know what sites do they see plus any other details like do they see how much money we have made, how many impressions/clickthroughs with other merchants, what other merchants we are signed up with etc etc?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    What information & details do merchants have access to about the affiliates in the various networks...

So I would like to know what sites do they see plus any other details like do they see how much money we have made, how many impressions/clickthroughs with other merchants, what other merchants we are signed up with etc etc?
    At SaS:

• Name (as entered in your profile)
    • Country (as entered in your profile)
    • Membership Level: Full (if you've been paid at least once by SaS already) or Limited
    • SaS affiliate ID (numerical)
    • Application Date (to the program, not to the network)
    • Main Listed Website
    • Additional Sites (I believe, as many as you want)
    • Hits (total, this month, previous month)
    • Commissions Paid (total, this month, previous month)
    • Number of Sales/Leads Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    • Gross Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    • An advanced report can give you more detailed info about other time periods, but the above three is what you see at a glance
    • Reversals (total, this month, previous month)
    • Conversions (total, this month, previous month)
    • EPC (total, this month, previous month)
    • Maximum Sale (during any given period)
    • Minimum Sale (during any given period)
    • Average Commission (during any given period)

That's about as much as I can think of (and see). No direct contact with the affiliate (only through the network's interface: directly or via a newsletter). So no contact information displayed.

Hope this helps.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    That is exactly wanted I wanted to know, many thanks Geno. It would be great if other AM's can post details about the other networks as well.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I know that in Kolimbo & AffiliateFuture the merchants only see the first site we enter. I made a mistake of putting a cell phone website as my main site in Kolimbo but I recently found out the the merchants only see this site and not any others I had listed which can cause problems getting accepted into a program.
    Agreed, this is a big problem. Especially with CJ where you can't even delete one once you enter it. Well, you can delete it, but it still shows up in the list with a status of deleted (but it's still there - very annoying).

It would be nice to be able to select the website you plan to use when you apply to a program. For example, I've been trying to get accepted at 6figurejobs for a while now, but get immediately rejected. I'm assuming this is because the software download site I have listed as my first website isn't to their liking, but I now have several other sites that would probably be a great fit.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    It would be nice to be able to select the website you plan to use when you apply to a program. For example, I've been trying to get accepted at 6figurejobs for a while now, but get immediately rejected. I'm assuming this is because the software download site I have listed as my first website isn't to their liking, but I now have several other sites that would probably be a great fit.
    Hey Rick, one way around this is to specify that you are the "owner of many websites" and list a few websites on there. I know that in Linkshare, it will give you a field of about 240 characters to describe your website description and some people would say that they manage numerous sites. There is also a field to list other websites for linkshare called "Other Domains/websites"

At LS, this does not come standard under a affiliate's snapshot but we can run diff report for each affiliate.
    Not on LS are:
    Hits (total, this month, previous month)
    Commissions Paid (total, this month, previous month)
    Number of Sales/Leads Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    Gross Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    An advanced report can give you more detailed info about other time periods, but the above three is what you see at a glance
    Reversals (total, this month, previous month)
    Conversions (total, this month, previous month)
    EPC (total, this month, previous month)
    Maximum Sale (during any given period)
    Minimum Sale (during any given period)
    Average Commission (during any given period)

'Other' sites
    ...the merchants only see the first site we enter.
    Geno hit all of the details at SAS perfectly, but this comment brings up a good point.

While there is space to enter many other sites, this feature appears to be poorly used, if at all in some cases. This thread points out the idea of adding a link to an offsite page with all of the affiliates details (specialty, sites, etc.).

I auto-approve anyway, but I still look things over and something like this would be *very* helpful.

ABW Ambassador
    So Eric, you mean that in LS you don't see many details?

I guess in CJ you see the EPC etc and all sites listed there?

Adam, the website line in sas is very limited, you can only add a few sites until it maxes out but I actually did what you pointed out recently, I listed my main site first and in the extra site line I added a link to my own business website where new websites that have been released & others are listed there for merchants to browse through.

btw. Adam, i sent request for sas datafeed ftp access yesterday

I actually did what you pointed out recently, I listed my main site first and in the extra site line I added a link to my own business website...
    Ah, excellent. As a merchant that really helps to have a 'one-click' overview of the affiliates, especially those that have diverse talents.

btw. Adam, i sent request for sas datafeed ftp access yesterday
    Hehe, I saw that request this morning and got everything approved and ready to go.

ABW Ambassador
    Hehe, I saw that request this morning and got everything approved and ready to go
    thanks, that's great!

thanks, that's great!
    You're quite welcome!

Adam, i sent request for sas datafeed ftp access yesterday
    Glinted, I just noticed that you were at the default commission, and that's no good.

I've bumped you up to 20% as I do for all ABW'ers as mentioned in my progam announcement here.

Anyone else who I've missed, drop me an email or PM and I'll get you taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by adambha
    While there is space to enter many other sites, this feature appears to be poorly used, if at all in some cases...
    True.

I auto-approve anyway, but I still look things over and something like this would be *very* helpful.
    I like the way CJ does it: a list of affiliate's websites + a category next to each site. Very helpful for AM's.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    ..a list of affiliate's websites + a category next to each site. Very helpful for AM's.
    Geno, that's excellent! I'm not familiar with CJ, so I haven't encountered this, but I like it.

I'm adding this to Brian's 'Things to Fix' thread...

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    At SaS:

• Hits (total, this month, previous month)
    • Commissions Paid (total, this month, previous month)
    • Number of Sales/Leads Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    • Gross Generated (total, this month, previous month)
    • An advanced report can give you more detailed info about other time periods, but the above three is what you see at a glance
    • Reversals (total, this month, previous month)
    • Conversions (total, this month, previous month)
    • EPC (total, this month, previous month)
    • Maximum Sale (during any given period)
    • Minimum Sale (during any given period)
    • Average Commission (during any given period)
    To clarify, this info is only for that merchant. We don't see how affiliate do in the entire network.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    To clarify, this info is only for that merchant. We don't see how affiliate do in the entire network.
    Yes. Good point, Deb.

ABW Ambassador
    Glinted, I just noticed that you were at the default commission, and that's no good.

I've bumped you up to 20% as I do for all ABW'ers as mentioned in my progam announcement here.

Anyone else who I've missed, drop me an email or PM and I'll get you taken care of.

ah thanks, i never seen that post last time, I will have to get some promotion happening on my jewelry sites soon,,,

ABW Ambassador
    yes good point Loxly, I thought it was the whole network ...

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    So Eric, you mean that in LS you don't see many details?
    Sorry I took some time to get back. not subscribing to any threads cos i get too many emails.

LS does not give you a comprehensive report before they applied.

Yes, you are able to pull more information about an affiliate once they are in your prog. but you have to go through different sections. they do not disclose sales stats though, so you do not have a clue if the aff is a dead or active aff.

Did talk to the LS I.T. VP during the LS Summit and I voiced my concerns, from a merchant's side and aff side. Not sure if anything will be implemented.

Affiliate Manager
    Geno,

That couldnt have been a more comprehensive post. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by sthbodyjewelry
    Geno,

That couldnt have been a more comprehensive post. Great work.
    I'm flattered.

Glinted:

LS doesn't give much. Here's what I see when an affiliate applies:

Site ID
    Site Name
    Network Membership (LS Canada, UK, etc...)
    Categories
    SIC codes
    Site description
    Business Type
    Site URL
    username
    Name
    Fax #
    Phone #
    Email
    Mailing Address
    City/State
    Zip Code
    Country
    Check Payable Name
    Monthly Unique Visitors (as far as I know entered by the affiliate, so not very reliable)
    Average Pageviews per month (same as above)
    Visitor Demographics
    Website Logo
    Established Date

As far as I know, most of these fields are entered by the affiliate, so they tend to be incomplete at best. Often I only glance at these stats before I actually check out the affiliate's page.

As for multiple sites, I know Billy Kay has a great way of presenting that to merchants. He's welcome to share if he so desires.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    ok thats interesting, cheers.

Can someone clarify what is seen at CJ, can you see sales made by the affiliate, EPC etc?

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread