ABW Ambassador
    OUCH....sportingauthority 767 1 for the month of July. Is there anyone not involved in Global Sports?

Why don't they convert? Do they perhaps only give one customer away, brand new, and that's it? ( meaning if some one previously bought something 3 months ago, comes to my site, clicks through and buys something)

Would anyone care to share?

ABW Ambassador
    Kinda curious myself, the only sports sales i've had are some golf merchants and dicks sporting goods. Has anybody had any kind of sales succes with any other ones?

It's not exactly sporting goods, but fitness equipment (at least the lower end stuff - haven't sold any treadmills or ellipticals yet) does okay for me. Not necessarily thrilling, but okay. Fitness wear does better still.

Although, to be frank, I hate posting info like this - the superstitious side of me is scared that this is the last I'll see of any fitness gear commissions! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ummmm...I hate to toot my own horn, but would you consider BackcountryStore.com? We carry all the top brand outdoor equipment: Oakley, The North Face, Kelty, Rossignol, K2 and much much more. Over 150 top brands.

We have 180 day cookies, and a fanatical belief in the Marketing Partner world. Our program manager is incented on partner sales and so he has every incentive to support and encourage sales...and no incentive to reverse.

We're 4 weeks out from a badass new ecommerce platform that is going to convert like a mini-amazon...we hope. :rolleyes:

Give us a try, you might be surprised.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ummmm...I hate to toot my own horn, but would you consider BackcountryStore.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you don't, somebody else will toot it for you. We're glad to have you here.

I was going to post the backcountrystore.com but you two beat me to it.
    I second that Uncle_Deelz it's real good to have a sports equipment merchant that is not in the GlobalScam.com conglomerate. I am glad I started to change to your company Bryan

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: Gordon ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Aside from a few sales at Fogdog at Christmas time I haven't seen any sales from Global Sports group of merchants. I push a few skateboard sites and some golfing merchants. Most all my sporting goods sales did come from Overstock's old BeFree program when they had lot's of Gear.com stock. I'll take some time and replace the dogs with BackCountry stores links and freshen up my LS Overstock links.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread