Ie7 & My website woes
    This morning I installed IE7 and am ready to cry. It is chopping off most of my main menu at top. I use frontpage with css to make the site. Is there someone who knows about both who can help. I am not sure what I need to post to get help. I am fairly new to css.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

IE7 handles CSS differently than IE6 did. I found quite a few tips here
    http://www.htmlcenter.com/tutorials/...s.cfm/190/CSS/

I'm certain there are some new issues. Before I downloaded IE7 I googled "css tutorial ie7" and found lots of really good info
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

IE7 is actually more compliant with the HTML spec than previous versions, but Frontpage is still geared towards IE6 and older browsers.

Does your site look the same way on Firefox? I just finished a 6 month web development project for a major truck dealer based in Portland, OR and we found that the application ran almost identically on IE7 and Firefox (a pleasant surprise since IE6 was different than Firefox).

But to address your question, what's the site link, so I can look at the css and html files? (or PM me with it)

One thing that does bug me about IE7 is that by default it has disabled javascript updating of the browser's status bar! That's huge for masked link scripts, because it means they just plain won't work unless the user goes in and changes this setting (unlikely).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Javascript and mouse-over navigation buttons sure suffer under IE7.0
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    In yesterday's paper, it said they're releasning another update this month

If you're site is legit - and you get a seal from verisign - your browser bar at top will be green

If you're legit without a seal, plain white

and if your site can't be validated - another color - I think red

MS wants to train people to only shop at sites with a green bar (like the old locked padlock that indicated a secure site)

FYI Mike: You buddy Overstock was the first to get the green bar

Thanks charpaula. I've bookmared that site, right now I don't quite understand it well enough to fix things.

Rick- not sure if you can get pm's yet so instead I email you but probably not til I get back from the kids swimming class. My sites looks good in ie6. In firefox the only thing is the main menu overflows on top of the splash image but it is ok that way too. In Ie7 the pat of my main menu that overflows in firefox seems to be behind the splashimage and is not accessible.

Mike- I do not like IE7!

Billy, another update?? (BTW you haven't forgotten that I still want to meet you right? I get first crack at you next think tank)
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

"One thing that does bug me about IE7 is that by default it has disabled javascript updating of the browser's status bar! "

When the link is text, masking of the status bar still works for me. But not when its an image. I thought it was the latter which was a bug, now it seems it's the former!

Where do I enable the javascript updating? I couldn't see anything.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread