Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any horror stories about these guys before I go sign up?

Thanks

Nick

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Nick

Their commission is near enough the same as ours
    http://www.bluenile.com/affiliate/aff_rewards.asp

However they have a product cap on sales and a $100 Threshold

But no horror stories no and in no danger of going under from what I know of them.

Cheers

Cjris

Thanks Chris,

I'm a little starved for the types of products I need for a project (keep the details of that to yourself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) as you know. So I'm having to cast a wide net and partner with some sites that don't neccessarily fulful all of my ideal requirements...

Oh well....

Nick

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very poor conversion ratio for Blue Nile and ICE.com. Forget Ashford which is now part of Global Sports group..they don't track sales for over a year. Amazing the only jewelry/watch sales I've ever shown have come from Overstock deals in last 3 years. Lotta clciks but my Mall shoppers must get better deals at local stores or the pawn shop.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Mike

Ashford don't track? Really..that's a golden nugget of info. Ice I follow through a friends site, they are "fairly" proactive on the affiliate front but conversion has been low, Blue Nile and others seem to hold with the grand old tradition of "affiliates as brand fodder"...and hopefully they'll stay there so I can grab all their best affiliate partners [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Ashford does track. At one time, Ashford was my best performer by far. They had a very able affiliate manager.

Since the Global Sports takeover, what, for me, was once a stellar affiliate program has become seriously degraded. I still maintain some Ashford links, but my revenues have decreased dramatically. Obviously, I've switched to other merchants.

Also, Ashford is seriously overdue with commission payments, although, it seems they will pay. They owe me quite a bit.

Diversify folks!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Chris..the easiest way to check competitor tracking is to do a test purchase as a normal affiliate off of a FREEBEE hosted site. I used to send 70-100 clicks a day to Ashford and their art section Guild.com with links in 15 sections of my CynerMalls. That was before the new merger with Global Sports. A few sales the first year ..then zip so I pull most all links til the traffic is down to 10 clicks per day. The 6060guy showcased them with hundreds of clicks per day...so he got some sales Any merchant who gets hundreds of my daily visitors best pay on time -and track every sale with normal reversal rates. No merchant I showcase earns me less than 100.00 in monthly commissions and I'm a low traffic site.

At first glance, I assumed this post would be about the Nile virus.

I suspect I will not be the only one to make that (wrong) assumption.

You might consider a work-around to the name or minimize the play you give to anything to do with "Nile" given the current negative associations with the term.

Just a thought.

Doc

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: Doc Sawyer ]

Hi Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Chris..the easiest way to check competitor tracking is to do a test purchase as a normal affiliate off of a FREEBEE hosted site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip, I run a site that has links to all my competitors so that I get all their affiliate mail etc and can see how well traffic converts, even to Mondera... BUT had never actually thought of buying something to see if it is tracked through.

Cheers

Chris

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread