Shopping Cart Software for Affiliate marketing
    I was wondering if somebody uses shopping cart software to list products on their site. Instead of using a checkout it would go directly to the merchants site. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would greatly approciate it.

Thank you.

Affiliate Manager
    you could modify oscommerce to do this.. I wouldn't be able post a code here, but I have seen quite a few affiliates do this. Of course, this should be done in a way that shoppers aren't confused about whom they are actually buying from.
    Join The Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed!
    Gift Ideas

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Some open source cart software like OScommerce might have custom mods to do this but any legit Hosted cart would never allow this feature. Hosting Phishing sites with feeds for scraping credit cards is too much of a legal liability without enabling affiliates to spoof merchant catalog sites. I'd think existing "Truth in Advertising" laws would prohibit real merchants from allowing their affiliates to even try this. I'd think IE7.0 and Firefox 2.0 would also trigger alerts that the "buy now" or add to cart button destination links weren't legit.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ohhh I didn't know this would be a method which is forbidden. It would make sence to make things easy though. Almost like a product catalog. Do you both know of any similar simple solution.

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread