Are my affiliates ABW'ers?
    As many merchants do, I offer ABW'ers a commission bump.

Now, I pointed this out in my announcement thread and I even link to that thread in my sig below. The only 'catch' is that I ask affiliates to contact me (email, PM, etc.) to let me know, otherwise there is no mechanism for me to upgrade the commission.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way for merchants (or AMs) to determine whether an affiliate who has signed up is also on ABW.

That gives me an idea. Perhaps Brian could add a little field for affiliates like, 'My ABW Username:' I'll throw this in the 'Things to fix' thread.

Is this something anyone else is keeping an eye on?

Maybe you could send out a newsletter or email to your affiliates and let them know this. I have also received emails from merchants asking me to join their program.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way for merchants (or AMs) to determine whether an affiliate who has signed up is also on ABW.

That gives me an idea. Perhaps Brian could add a little field for affiliates like, 'My ABW Username:' I'll throw this in the 'Things to fix' thread.
    I have no problem with that, but I am willing to bet that, the idea is not going to work, because many affiliates would like to keep the freedom of talking about whatever problem they might see with any merchant, without the fear of retaliations later.

I don't think Brian is going to go along with that, but maybe I am wrong, so ask away.

I believe that the best way to find out if your affiliates are ABW members, is to ask your affiliates directly, that way you may get some affiliates to reveal their ABW Username to you, and also that way, you can recomend ABW to those affiliates that are on your program, but that don't know about ABW yet.

Just my

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    ...many affiliates would like to keep the freedom of talking about whatever problem they might see with any merchant, without the fear of retaliations later.
    Now that is something I never thought of, but makes perfect sense. It doesn't really matter to me at all what their username is, just that they *are* here at ABW.

I suppose for some the ability to anonymously speak freely about a merchant is worth forgoing the extra commission.

I don't think Brian is going to go along with that, but maybe I am wrong, so ask away.
    With this in mind, now I don't even think that *I* would go along with revealing the username. Perhaps just an 'At ABW' check box would eliminate privacy concerns.

...ask your affiliates directly...you can recomend ABW to those affiliates that...don't know about ABW yet.
    That is another idea I had though of, although the idea of sending a newsletter just to inquire about and promote ABW may seem a bit spammy, no matter how well-intentioned.

You've got me thinking now that I may just have to let people 'reveal' themselves. I just want to give credit (extra credit, that is) where credit is due.

Thanks for the feedback, it has been very insightful...

ABW Ambassador
    Just post at ABW that ABWer's get a commission bump. And they anybody can contact you saying they saw the message here and that should do. They don't have to reveal their ABW name.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Just post at ABW that ABWer's get a commission bump.
    Sure enough, this has been done. Twice now, if you include this thread.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread