Question Is there a resource that lists costs for affiliate networks?
    Hi,

Is there an online resource that lists setup costs, monthly fees, commissions, etc. for the top affiliate networks (i.e., linkshare, cj, shareasale, etc.)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if there is, but are you asking as an affiliate manager or as an affiliates?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

None that I know of either.

He/she is probably asking as a merchant or a consultant to merchants that consider starting an affiliate program.

Geno

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager
    As far as pricing goes, Shareasale's can be found here (What a novel idea, posting the pricing!!): http://www.shareasale.com/pricing.cfm

LS and CJ are close to each other in rate card pricing. If memory serves me, (rough justice): Both have an upfront "$10k Network Fee", and both charge a transactional fee of approximately 30% of affiliate commission. I think one of the big differences is that CJ has a monthly minimum of $5,000 in fees (that means you need to pay out a minimum of $16,667 in commissions or you're underwater). Linkshare has no minimum, however, they have an Account Management fee of ~ $2,000/mo minimum (regardless of if you have in house mgmt or not).

There are definitely other miscellaneous fees that I'm forgetting, but this should get you close.

Unless they've changed it recently, CJ's minimum monthly network fee is $500, not $5000.

The other big difference is that CJ's network fee is 30% of commissions while LinkShare's is said to be 3% of sales. (LinkShare does not publicly disclose their fees.) With a 10% commission, these work out about the same. With a higher commission rate, LinkShare's model becomes more favorable. With a lower commission rate, CJ's model does.

Both CJ and LinkShare also charge for a wide variety of other services. Both are probably somewhat flexibile depending on how big the merchant is.

ShareASale.com is the most affordable (network fee is 20% of commissions, low monthly minimum, low setup fee, and very fee additional costs).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks, everyone, for your input. This is really helpful! I wish they would all just save us some time and publish their fees, like Shareasale.com does.

But if they published their fees, you wouldn't call one of their salesmen. If you have to talk to a salesman to get them, they can explain why they're worth the extra expense.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread