ABW Ambassador
    Angry Another Merchant with Not enough Cash to run an affiliate program?
    This is very disappointing to find these merchants are offline. I just logged on sas to download datafeeds for a mobile phone website and I remembered that mobilebee.com have a feed for cell phones which I started using on a busy cell phone site I have recently. I thought it was strange when they never showed up in the datafeed page so I then search for them in the links area and of course I find the dreaded "Temporally Off line" in RED message. This is crap, now I have to take down and rebuilt my other mobile phone website because of these pathetic merchants who shouldn't be allowed to run a program if the don't have the cash to fund it. What are they waiting for - some charity organization to give them the funds???? Maybe they over indulged in the holiday period on too much of a good time?? - big staff Xmas party's or whatever but I don't see why us affiliates have to be the ones who suffer because of these morons.

Hello, I have noticed you are off line which is extremely concerning and I will be taking down all my links to your website if you do not come back online within the next 24 hours. I was even going to add your datafeed to another website. This is very disappointing to find your also one of these merchants who doesn't have the funds to run an affiliate program. If this is an oversight then I can understand this once but unless you go on Auto deposit then I will be looking for more reliable merchants to replace your program. Please get back to me soon with more details on what your doing about this.

I will also post a message in ABW forum to announce this to others.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mobile phones eh? This sounds familiar

I tried running my own mobile phone business and because of the competitions prices, supplier prices, tax, time dealing with customers the profit margin was very small, note that I never once had a fraudulant order.

So I thought I was better off being an affiliate so I changed all the links on my site to go to the mobile phone merchant and was getting quite a few nice sales, but then the merchant started cancelling every single order saying they were fraudulent, ridiculous! The same traffic that made me sales as a merchant is causing lots of fraudulent orders?

After reading that many mobile phone retailers make their money by selling in bulk with low prices because of to much competition I understood why this merchant was cancelling, they couldn't afford to pay an affiliate fee with their prices, they would only be making 5-10% profit, then there is tax, etc, and then they gotta pay me 4% so they had no profit. I sent an email to them about this and they never replied, told them there would be no more traffic from me. On top of this the affiliate network told me this merchant has a very high cancellation rate.

Stay away from mobile phones in the affiliate biz!

In the end they only hurt themselves, because no affiliate will stay with them. I guess they don't understand the affiliate biz enough to see that they damaged themselves.

I just got finished sending emails to 2 of my merchants who are offline due to lack of funds. Don't you just love dead links?

ABW Ambassador
    glinted check your PM in a few minutes.

"I just got finished sending emails to 2 of my merchants who are offline due to lack of funds. Don't you just love dead links?"

I used to have that problem, over 2 years ago:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...55&postcount=1

Not anymore. Sometimes it takes 1 burning, sometimes it's a few times before you finally feel it. It took me a few times. If you see a merchant you like that's not on Auto Deposit, contact them and tell them to get on it if they want any links up. If they don't, keep it moving. I have Auto Deposit Merchants only on my site. It's what I was telling Rick in another cell phone thread just today (yesterday)
    Last edited by Trust; January 8th, 2007 at 01:58 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    glinted check your PM in a few minutes.
    responded, very helpful ideas thanks.

restless, I have to agree about mobile phone merchants been dodgy etc... I have had nothing but nightmare experiences with nearly all the cell phone merchants & cell phone accessories merchants have come across. They never update their product feeds, go offline, move networks, don't communicate, don't answer emails and more. It's a huge industry but sadly only a very few merchants worth promoting if your lucky enough to find them. The UK mobile phone affiliate industry is much better though and puts the US one to shame. if I wanted to promote UK cell phone merchants I can find many great programs within minutes.

My worst experience in this industry is the related Ring Tone business, the merchant who I'm happy to name is called Media Plaza, they are the scamiest outfit I have come across, they take all your commissions back if you have not earned more than about $US 150.00 and keep it for them selves, It happend to me as I earned less than that in my first year & came back to start promoting a new site and a few weeks later they took all my funds, SCUMBAGS. I would like to get AffiliateFairPlay on to these crooks, I'm sure they would revel some very startling facts as I have sent them tons of traffic and nothing shows up on their dodgy stats they offer.

Unfortunately I have a number of cell phone related sites I built over the last couple of years and have reasonable traffic, I have managed to find a couple of merchants that I can use so from now on instead of wasting my time I will stick with these ones and leave those sites as they are because it's not worth the time trying to add more merchants and offer more options for my visitors when we get stung like this and find out visitors are getting dead links. I'm really disappointed in MobileBee as I had hoped they were going to be a good merchant but it looks like they are in the same category as all the other ones I have found.

I just got finished sending emails to 2 of my merchants who are offline due to lack of funds. Don't you just love dead links?
    yeah it sucks!

sas do offer an option to redirect dead merchants to another page which I do use but you can only list one and not one for each website so the dead links on my cell phone site and all other sites send all these visitors to my coupon site which is probably confusing to them...

updated!
    Last edited by glittered; January 8th, 2007 at 02:53 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    cell phone affiliate programs
    Glinted,

sorry for your issues with some of our cell phone affiliate program partners.

hang in there.

-brian
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    well I'm happy to say they got back to me with some good news:

Sth got wrong with our depositing settings. We are online now and i
    hope it stays that way.
    We are sorry for the trouble.
    Thanks for your patience.

ABW Ambassador
    I was going through the list of merchants that have coupons over the
    weekend, and was very surprised to see the numerous merchants that
    were offline.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread