ABW Ambassador
    What Site is Making the Sales?
    How can I find which one of my websites is making the sales? I have several sites running the same merchants but I can't see any details about the site that made the sale in the reports?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I think either use Signature:

http://www.linkshare.com/rc/signature.html

or set up a channel for each site.

15 years and counting
    LinkShare removed that possibility some time ago. Dumb decision like usual, but what else can we expect from them?
    Now, you have to use their " Signature Technology" and ask for it.
    http://www.linkshare.com/rc/signature.html
    http://www.linkshare.com/rc/LS_Signature_Overview.pdf

ABW Ambassador
    This is pretty stupid I agree, just proves again how backward their system is when it comes to links. It seems like a lot of fuss to me & extra work. Why can't they have a system like sas where we can see the url from where the transaction took place?

As in my other recent thread, the LS links are messy bits of outdated invalid W3 code that totally screw up our web pages if using CSS and now I have to add more horrible code myself manually just to track urls and further bog down my pages.

Whoever is in charge of the URLs & Linking methods at LS seriously needs a good wakeup call, if anyone has the chance to meet them at the summit then please give them an earful from me.

I guess I will have to leave my links and not have any idea from where my sales are coming from as there is no way would I ever use this method described above. Thanks LS for making our job even harder!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

15 years and counting
    It was too easy for the affiliates before, they had to make it hard.
    The end of a LinkShare link is something like that: subid=0
    0 is your main site listed in LinkShare,
    1 was the second site listed
    2 the third

All their reports were showing the full name of the site listed from where the sale was coming.
    It was accurate, fast and convenient.

So, these idiots still have the same subid= in their link generating system, you can add whatever site you want, it tracks but it will not show anymore in the reports.

The most stupid webmaster will be able to keep the same reporting. NOT THEM. Enough said, that's LinkShare!

ABW Ambassador
    Its crazy Zeus, almost unbelievably stupid, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who sees all these really strange ways they do things there with their pathetic links they make us use. Everything else is acceptable with LS besides their buggy site (probably the same employee is responsible for that) and but their links just make me cringe & If I was the boss there and found about about this really terribly bad programing I would grab the culprit in charge and give them a good public spanking and make an example of them.

Its actually a very serious issue for me but I have to laugh at it as there is nothing I can do.

15 years and counting
    You can follow the original thread here: One year ago. December 7th, 2005
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=67062
    Believe it or not, I think LinkShare is doing good lately. (For me, the less they do, the better)
    At least, since the Messers departure, we don't have all these pseudo improvements and all the PR BS associated.

Sub-Ids are gone, but Signature works fine for that.

The two tracking methods overlapped. Signature was the most flexible of the two. Although I don't agree with removing functionality (things should almost always be kept backwards compatible), I can see why they would remove it.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 8th, 2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Ooops, I meant Sub-Id's, not Channels
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    The reason to remove this functionality was linked to their abandoned strategy to replace the link structure and to replace the old reports with SynergyAnalytics. They had the two tracking methods from the very beginning and even if they overlapped, they had two different population of affiliates using them. There was no cost involved in keeping the old reporting working and I'm sure it's costing them new affiliates everyday.
    Anyway, somebody had to tell them to stop thinking of replacing "legacy" links and they are still unable to release a successful reporting system. (How long is it going to take them, 3, 5 more years) It will be obsolete by that time.
    Like you said "things should almost always be kept backwards compatible" and it's true in that case.

ABW Ambassador
    "Channels are gone, but Signature works fine for that."

? Channels aren't gone, I'm using them. There is a Channel Manager and a drop down at the very top where you can switch sites and get the links you need. They should have kept subid reporting which worked just fine.

You're right. My mistake. I was thinking of Sub-Id's, not Channels. I've corrected the post.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    It was too easy for the affiliates before, they had to make it hard.
    Your wry humor always amuses me
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread