Hi
    Well the time has come to move onto the next stage and start taking bookings for our services with pre-payments via credit card.

So folks, where do I start? What do I do? Any advice?

Any help/advice would be appreicated.

regards John

I don't know for UK, but Planet Payment seems to work in every Country. Another viable solution is Paypal. It's easy to setup the account and you don't need the merchant account etc...

regards,
    Ovo

John,
    http://www.2checkout.com

I have/used paypal and Cardservice ... trust me use 2checkout!!!!!

Haiko

HI Haiko,
    Thanks for the information. I see that they are going to charge for transfering the money for non-US accounts. Puts the price up a bit. Anyway, apart from that I take it once I find a vendor then its easy to do the webpage redirection etc etc.

regards John

Hey Haiko,
    it looks like they have a nice cart integration and that you can use them for products and services as well? Sounds like you are happy with them?

I had several disputes with PayPal and they ruled in favor of customer even though UPS provided the proof of delivery, but it wasn't "signed" by customer.

Best Regards,
    Ovo

Although I have not used 2checkout.com, I like what they offer. However, I have purchased some online software from a company that uses 2checkout on four occasions and twice the order did not process correctly so I could download the software. The company got my money and was nice enough to process the order. They said this has happened on a number of occasions. So, sounds like you always get your money, but beware the customer may not get what they paid for if it is some kind of online downloadable service.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John:
    Hi
    Well the time has come to move onto the next stage and start taking bookings for our services with pre-payments via credit card.

So folks, where do I start? What do I do? Any advice?

Any help/advice would be appreicated.

regards John
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought I had repled to this already - obviously not. Anyway, I use eSellerate - at www.esellerate.com

They charge a flat rate of 10% per transaction I believe with no start up cost or additional fee per transaction. Not 100% sure of these figures so check their web site. I use it for electronic delivery of software and they are coming out with a fully integrated affiliate program manager which allows us to recruit affiliates to sell our wares.
    They have a basic one now, but supposed to be releasing new features this summer (tick tock...).

Anyway, have been very happy with them and they recently offered electronic transfer of funds to my UK account for a flat rate of $5 per transaction.

I suppose it all depends what you want to sell.

Oh, the other thing I like is the $5 minimum transaction. I used to be with KAGI (www.kagi.com) for credit cards, but their structure meant that a $5 sale resulted in only about $2 for me (I donĀ“t remember exact figures as working from memory here).

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

Try WorldPay, it is actually run by the Natwest bank I believe and is supported world wide, transaction fees are okay and it is well supported by shopping carts.

Or AsiaDebit, based in Singapore, good rates and a very nice interface.

Or if you want to spend serious money and get the whole hog go with CyberSource

Pay Pal is go for US users but for overseas they have a fairly... hmmm Xenophobic approach to half the world.

C2It from Citibank...again Us focus but is good.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Folks,
    Thanks for all the replies. Looks like worldpay would be one of the best options for what I want to do.

regards
    John

John,
    Take a look at Revecom for credit card processing in Pounds Sterling.

Their prices seem reasonable compared to the competition and they seem to offer all the facilities you need without selling your soul as most British banks require.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread