Outsourced Program Manager
    Central Florida Affiliate Lunch - Last one?
    Hi All,

There will be an affiliate lunch on Thursday, January 11th at Fridays in Lake Mary at 1 p.m. This could quite possibly be the last one, as the usual organizer is moving out of the area (We'll miss you Scott ).

Here is the location:

http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgi...cgi/site?00309

Thanks!

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Nunez; January 9th, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Thanks for arranging this Michael. I'll be there. Scoot, we'll miss you tons buddy!!! I mean you're the only friend I have that has a fishing boat... wait, Alan Hamilton has one... whew, I feel better... hehehee.

When my wife kicks me out, I hope you have room in Texas for me... i heard everything's bigger there, so i'm figuring ya will.

C ya'll thursday for lunch!

You could always come out to the Texas Affiliate Lunches! (Hopefully Scott will organize some here!)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

he's such a social marketer type dude, natural group glue type guy - dang it, texas is getting one of our best (we only had him on loan from louisiana anyhow, were living on borried scott) - and i bet MColey is right, tx will be getting some aff lunches cranked soon. ok, i'm coming out there... hmm... which month has low humidity... hehehee, it'll be just like Florida...

none of that vinegar bbq for me though, need my sweet tea and sweet tomato based bbq sauce.

tx 2007, here i come. no worries tx folks, just visiting a few times. :-)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Can't make it guys. I have a conference call at that time.
    Will miss you Scott (in a straight way). I am sure that you will have fun with M Coley. I used to be from Louisiana then texas, and both places were fun. Food was awesome but then again, you will be cooking crawfish and boiling crabs when they are in season.

Internet Cowboy
    Not the last...
    As long as Southwest can get me to Orlando and back for $69 each way (which they can indeed), this will be far from the last one. You ain't gettin' rid of me that easy bud! Heck, I might even drag Coley with me to Orlando for lunch. The lunches might be a bit more infrequent but are far from over.
    And, yes, we will have to dig up some affiliates in the Dallas area to lunch with. I know they're out there.
    Donuts, you, Mike Nunez and others will always have a spot at Casa de Scooter...wherever it ends up being. It's looking like Mineola or Lindale. The same goes for all of my affiliate friends. Have boat, will fish. My new destination will be within 30 miles of (if not on) Lake Fork, one of the best bass fishing lakes in the US and I will have enough room to spread out and have some outdoor fun.
    I look forward to seeing the Orlando crew on Thursday and everyone else who will be in Vegas at Summit.

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    I'm in! Not sure I can take another 4-hour lunch this time though.. Things are a little chaotic this week!

Scoot -- anytime you need a place to crash when you come back to Orlando, my 6-year old's top bunk is always open :-)

See you then... Let me know if I look any different to you....

-M

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateSummitMissy
    Let me know if I look any different to you....
    Tease.

Now I can't wait for lunch. :-)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

By the way, it's at 1 p.m. I updated the original post.

LAST CALL!!

I'm off to lunch, see y'all there

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Well, it's 11:21 p.m. EST Thursday. We tried to make it to the Lake Mary summit - but we got as far as Valdosta and had to call it a night!!

Hope you guys and girls had a great time. We've covered 1600 miles the past two days and tomorrow just 400 to go and then it's rest, fish and relax until next week when I leave for the summit.

I'm tired as h e - - (ck) right now, so I'm calling it a day and getting some shut eye!

Best To You All!

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Internet Cowboy
    With the exception of an ill-timed hard drive failure that caused some stress for one of the attendees, a good time was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    With the exception of an ill-timed hard drive failure that caused some stress for one of the attendees, a good time was had by all.
    Some Stress????? This girl is still adding new software onto this new PC in an effort to get back to work. Hopefully the Geek Supreme at Geek Squad will save my data by next week.

Once I'm a little more stable tomorrow I'll post the pictures and our entertaining little video

Mike: Big thanks to you for that delicious birthday cake. I think I have a new favorite... Fudgie the Whale just sunk for good!

-Missy

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.
    Last edited by AffiliateSummitMissy; January 12th, 2007 at 02:28 AM.

http and a telephoto
    hard drives.... they no when to fail to maximize damage.... but then again is there ever a good time for a failure???

Put it in the freezer.... overnight, thaw and try again to see if it'll pop up long enough to git yer data off!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Put it in the freezer.... overnight, thaw and try again to see if it'll pop up long enough to git yer data off!!!!
    OK Lox... you're not trying to take advantage of me because I'm a blonde now, are you?

Freezer -- are you for real? At this point, I'd try anything -- I'm that desperate.

Really, Freezer? Get out.

Missy

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateSummitMissy
    OK Lox... you're not trying to take advantage of me because I'm a blonde now, are you?

Freezer -- are you for real? At this point, I'd try anything -- I'm that desperate.

Really, Freezer? Get out.

Missy
    I'm not blonde, but felt like it the first time a repairman told me to freeze a drive I get the same reaction, but now, I freeze drives as soon as they fail and I have a decent recovery rate... I have only lost one totally, the rest revived at least long enough to recover the data....

If it is a laptop drive you take it out of the computer first.... at least that is what I did, I don't know if freezing a whole laptop would hurt it...
    Deborah Carney

i thought loxly was spending too much time at the bar when i first read this thread, but then i saw this:

http://digg.com/hardware/Freeze_your...th_or_Reality_

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    i thought loxly was spending too much time at the bar when i first read this thread, but then i saw this:

http://digg.com/hardware/Freeze_your...th_or_Reality_
    LOL... You learn something new everyday!

http and a telephoto
    That is an interesting page Donuts, but one thing that was mentioned that I disagree with is using it while in or just out of the freezer. Let it come back to room temp first so the condensation goes away. Could be why it *didn't* work for some folks, they may have fixed one problem and messed up the electronics while using it frosted!!!! Also, I used to put it in a bag to prevent condensation and stopped. Doesn't matter either way.

Unfortunately through the years I have had several drive failures and so far **knock wood** only one was completely unrecoverable. One laptop is still going after dying 2 years ago and being freezer revived.

And yes, they were really gonners before being frozen.... ticking clicking and "drive doesn't exist".
    Deborah Carney

Internet Cowboy
    I have a hilarious image in my mind of Missy in the kitchen working on her frozen laptop

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I have a hilarious image in my mind of Missy in the kitchen working on her frozen laptop
    At least you didn't say that you had an image of me inside the freezer working on my frozen laptop

The testing of this Voodoo will have to be tabled for another day....

I called Geek Squad and they actually shipped out my puter yesterday. How effcient of them.....

Missy

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I don't know if freezing a whole laptop would hurt it...
    Would not suggest putting laptop in freezer.
    You will have issues with the LCD screen for sure.

Pictures
    Here are some pictures from lunch: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...l&x=0&y=9lwe62

Scott, I'll miss you! We all will!

-M

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Great pics Missy. I'll be giving Scott a little going away party on the ocean this week - and if I play my cards right, pics will follow. BTW, a belated happy birthday too. I look forward to joining the group for the next get together!

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread