ABW Ambassador
    Question SAS report help
    I've been using a dumb way to do my SAS monthly commission report on paid merchants. I manually recorded each paid amount into an excel sheet from daily activity report. It is really too time-consuming.

To be honest, I like CJ's reporting than SAS a lot. For example, to get monthly paid commission report, all I need to do is to click on the "payment sataus" on top of CJ interface. They list all the details of each payment for every month.

But I've tried almost all options from SAS reporting, still couldn't figure out how to get a simple list of MONTHLY PAID COMMISSION REPORT.

Please help!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    click on "Past Revenue" in the menu section (on the left side of it, under Reports/Stats heading).

it doesn't post until you're paid. since we haven't been paid in january yet, for december comms earned, the last payment it shows is november.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    click on "Past Revenue" in the menu section (on the left side of it, under Reports/Stats heading).

it doesn't post until you're paid. since we haven't been paid in january yet, for december comms earned, the last payment it shows is november.
    Thank you for your reply, Donus.

I did go to "past revenue", but it only shows the total amount of paid commission(same as my check amount).

I'm looking for a detail payment list of each merchant.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    To be honest, I like CJ's reporting than SAS a lot. For example, to get monthly paid commission report, all I need to do is to click on the "payment sataus" on top of CJ interface. They list all the details of each payment for every month.
    Sorry, was reading this and looking for equivalent report in SAS. Don't think the CJ "payment status" link breaks it down by merchant, just gives aggregate monthly payments made.

There's a number of ways to do what you're asking for in SAS, but none are automatically available reports within the system, afaik. You can:
    +download a csv into excel and sum the comms.
    +look at your summary statistics and since it has this month and total (lifetime), you can do some quick math to see how much your total accumulated for that month after the end of each month.

We need Brian to add date filtering to the activity reports, both details and summary, and both start and end dates (and some preset choices like "Nov 2006").

ABW Ambassador

There's a number of ways to do what you're asking for in SAS, but none are automatically available reports within the system, afaik. You can:
    +download a csv into excel and sum the comms.
    I did that already. The problem is all the merchants are mess together(I tried to sort them different ways). From the download, I need to do a lot of guessing on which sales comes from which merchant. They all listed by merchant IDs instead of merchant names.

+look at your summary statistics and since it has this month and total (lifetime), you can do some quick math to see how much your total accumulated for that month after the end of each month.
    Again that only shows "total" instead of "each merchant".

We need Brian to add date filtering to the activity reports, both details and summary, and both start and end dates (and some preset choices like "Nov 2006").
    Very true. I remember there are some reporting function requests been posted on "need to fix" list last year. I'm wondering how many of them has been done so far. Brian, please help.

ABW Ambassador
    The reporting is a big issue for me as well. According to the grid there are supposed to be changes/upgrades to the reporting Q1 this year. Hopefully it gets done. Here's the grid/schedule:

http://www.editgrid.com/user/brian_l...We_Need_To_Fix

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    I did that already. The problem is all the merchants are mess together(I tried to sort them different ways). From the download, I need to do a lot of guessing on which sales comes from which merchant. They all listed by merchant IDs instead of merchant names.
    There's a drop down filter on the SAS download page. Set the dates, then choose the merchant from the drop down box (underneath the date ranges). It filters by merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    The reporting is a big issue for me as well. According to the grid there are supposed to be changes/upgrades to the reporting Q1 this year. Hopefully it gets done. Here's the grid/schedule:

http://www.editgrid.com/user/brian_l...We_Need_To_Fix
    Thanks Trust.

I only do status report once a month. Really don't need any fancy reporting system. Some basic ones like "this month", "last month", "Nov 2006", "Dec 2006" with listing of merchant's name, sales, commission, clicks will work fine for me.

Guess we just have to wait.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    There's a drop down filter on the SAS download page. Set the dates, then choose the merchant from the drop down box (underneath the date ranges). It filters by merchant.
    That will work for one merchant. I'm looking for the monthly report for ALL merchants.

Say for Nov 2006, Total payment from SAS merchant: $XXXXXXXX
    Merchant 1: $XXX
    Merchant 2: $XXXXX
    Merchant 3: $xxxxx

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread