Looking to find a programmer in LV
    Hi, I am hoping to find someone who would be interested in helping me create a database/script for my rewards program and coupon code website. I am currently unhappy with the one I have and have some unique needs. If you do this type of thing please email me and lets set up a time to meet.
    Thanks
    Beth

RemoteGurus.com
    If you are looking for a programmer then I suggest going to RemoteGurus.com. RemoteGurus.com is a marketplace for finding Freelance Programmers and any remote services.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; April 24th, 2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Post reinstated with out the hotlink

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Beth, your profile settings do not allow emails to be sent to you. So you'll be hard pressed to receive an email from this post.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Snib,
    Why would you call it SPAM? He is looking for a programmer and I pointed him a direction to find one. I may have taken the opportunity to exploit, but I didn't SPAM. SPAM is unwanted mail or postings, which are completely and utterly unrelated to the topic at hand. This relates very well and is far from SPAMMING. If anything I took the opportunity to talk about myself (my site), but only because it relates and because it helps (and answers) the intended question.

Thank you.

DesignerWiz,

Why would you delete my post? For what reason? It completely is related to the topic. I don't get you guys. You only can help someone if you hide the way it helps them. I could see if I was spamming the network and posting links anywhere without being concious about what I am doing, but my post was completely on target and completely related.

Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyon
    Why would you call it SPAM?
    Because you posted a link that was intended to earn you money. You weren't helping anybody but yourself.

- Scott

You were indeed exploiting this post by jumping on the opportunity to "cash in" on a member request ... thus "spamming the board".

What value have you added to this board? Your participation on this board is only 1 post to your credit ... it clearly shows your an opportunist and does not entitle you to reap any monetary benefits from your action.

Bye-Bye
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Okay then tell me if I had instead said go to getafreelancer.com or scriptlance.com, would that had not been the same thing? What do someone in my position suppose to do? Send them to the competitor, because I don't want to jump at opportunity but still wish to help? You guys are not making sense.

If I had referenced getafreelancer.com or scriptlance.com then it would not had been considered spam or been a problem, I could have had the same exact post just referencing an competitor and it would have been perfectly fine. Tell me if I am wrong?

If I had referenced getafreelancer.com or scriptlance.com then it would not had been considered spam or been a problem, I could have had the same exact post just referencing an competitor and it would have been perfectly fine. Tell me if I am wrong?
    That's right. Then you'd be offering unbiased assistance which is perfectly fine.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    That's right. Then you'd be offering unbiased assistance which is perfectly fine.

- Scott
    Doesn't make sense to me, it's the same result whichever avenue you take. Bias or unbias it still is useful and completely relates to what the poster is looking for. If it was unuseful or not related, then I could understand, but you guys have no point here.

Internet Cowboy
    I don't want in the middle of this, but if this is spam, so is every post where someone wants to sell a domain along with many other posts here.
    Someone wanted a programmer, someone answered. Is that not what this board is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I don't want in the middle of this, but if this is spam, so is every post where someone wants to sell a domain along with many other posts here.
    Someone wanted a programmer, someone answered. Is that not what this board is all about?
    He was probably searching the net for "find programmer" and came upon this thread to spam his job site. He wasn't even offering a link for the specific request (LV Programmers). The post was very spammy. It included a clickable URL at least twice with another two unclickable references to the domain name. It was his first post and this thread is over 3 months old. So I don't believe it was an honest attempt to help.

- Scott

Internet Cowboy
    Fair enough. All I saw was the deletion. I never saw his post.

The clickable links was a anchor text (freelance programmers) and a my URL (http://www.MYSITE.com)

My point is, if the post was the exact same post but instead referenced a competitor site such getafreelance.com or scriptlance.com (because those are well known) then it would not have been a problem. So how can you even say that the post was spammy, because you already said it would have been perfectly fine if I referenced a competitor site, but because it is my site ...it is considered spammy and wrong. That's not right!

And you can find LV (Las Vegas) programmers on my site.

I knew it was a 3 month old post, but no one have even replied, so I thought I could legitmately assist. 3 months is not a long time to post to...if it was 3 years or even a year then I could understand that was out of order. Now all of sudden there is over 10 posts here, if you are so concerned then were is your help and why didn't you post 3 months ago.

And just so you know I did not find the site by search, I know the site very well just like I know all other internet marketing boards, webmasterworld, digitalpoint, sitepoint, etc. I use to post to this site over a year ago, but could not remember my username/email address I used to sign up when I used to post, I still didn't have many post then but it was probably about 50 posts. This is just FYI

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I too never saw the post, just the deletion, so never mind.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    The post was a hotlink to a site with 1 freaking project it was spam.

Why would you call it SPAM?
    You have 1 project, if you really wanted to "help" you would have suggested rentacoder, elance or freelanceworkexchange, but you didn't ... you took an opportunity to drop a link for free ... that is forum spam.

I reinstated the post sans hotlink for reference for those who care to see the site.

Oh and lastly please re read the rules:
    Board Moderation

Board moderators' decisions (including, but not limited to: editing, moving, deleting of single posts or entire threads) are final. You will accept this. Also, you will not re-edit a message that has already been edited by a moderator or the administrator out of defiance of the original edit. Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned (in our sole discretion). If you feel that you have be treated wrongly, please contact us via this form and we will look into it and review the situation and any/all circumstances. During the review period we may disable your access to the board and/or close the appropriate thread. Any creation of new aliases on the board by an offender / suspended or banned will immediately result in full denial of review and a full IP ban.
    I thank our GREAT mod team for their swift, fair and just actions.

Thread closed
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

18. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread