ABW Ambassador
    Scheduled Downtime
    "Scheduled site downtime on Thursday January 11, 6PM PST

Due to system upgrades, the CJ Account Managerô will be unavailable starting Thursday January 11 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, until approximately 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time the same evening. Tracking and recording of transactions are fully functional when the site is unavailable. When the site returns your reports may be delayed for up to 24 hours. If there are any changes to this schedule we will post them to the site to keep you informed"

BeFree too!
    I wonder what is really going on at CJ . I notice that BeFree has the following message posted:

"December 2006 Results Currently Not Visible
    The December 2006 results in reporting.net are currently not visible. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue. We will post updates to the site to keep you informed as we resolve the issue."

Just Great!! But of course thank goodness that tracking is not affected - EVER! .

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Grumpy, you haven't been around much lately. Didja find a better class of people to hang out with?

Does anyone else have the creepy feeling that Valueclick doesn't give a shit anymore and might be looking for a buyer for CJ and BeFree?

ABW Ambassador
    CJ fell apart for me about 2 and a half years ago. Since that point, their tracking has been inconsistent, their acceptance of parasites meant they weren't a viable option and I, like many others, moved much of our affiliate business elsewhere.

They used to be THE affiliate network once.

Who do you use now instead of CJ?

Personally, Rick, I would not worry too much about the other networks right now for what you are doing and the stage you are at.

LS and CJ have plenty of merchants. When I started out, I wanted tons of partners, but ultimately, you need to focus on building high quality websites that add value to the user. If you make a sale, great, but focus on providing the information. Google became a Billion dollar company by building the best search engine around, not by wanting to make money, the money comes second after you build something really useful to people.

It is unsolicited advice, but you are a fellow Oregonian (I live in the Eug), so I hope it is helpful.

Advice is music to my soul, and I thank you for it in any form!

Yes, I agree with you. I realized the same thing this week as I took stock of what I've done so far in this addicting business of affiliate marketing, that I need to stop focusing so much on all the techniques for making money, and instead just focus on providing something of value on each site.

It's hard to get out of the habit though of focusing on the money, even though I've dished out plenty of advice about "not focusing on tips, but rather good customer service" (from a couple previous posts of mine). But it's a corner I must turn if I'm to progress.

But I'm curious... based on what you've observed, what do you think the next stage will/should be for me?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Hey Grumpy, you haven't been around much lately. Didja find a better class of people to hang out with?

Does anyone else have the creepy feeling that Valueclick doesn't give a shit anymore and might be looking for a buyer for CJ and BeFree?
    Rhea it would be hard to find a better class to hang out with than here. I've kinda been "lurking" around ABW lately, but not posting much as I haven't had a whole lot to say really. It looks like 2007 is not going to be much different than 2006 - different year, same s#*t!! Perhaps your creepy feeling is correct about ValueClick - let's hope if that happens that things will improve. . It didn't take ValueClick long to screw up (what used to be) two perfectly good networks.

Anyone know how long the current delay is? Havnt had anything post since 18:00 PST...

Animal Lover
    Ad Server Domain Outage

One of our ad serving domains is experiencing a disruption in service. As a result some links are not being displayed on publisher pages. The affected domain is www. blah .com . This domain is lightly used, and is not used at all by paid search publishers, therefore very few links are affected and current traffic is minimally impacted. At this time, we do not know when this domain will resume service.

If you have links that are using this domain, we suggest that you replace them with new links from the Get Links area in the CJ Account Managerô. The affected domain has been pulled from our rotating domain list so replacement links will include only active domains. We will post updates to the site to keep you informed as we resolve the situation. Thank you for your patience.

I just read this one...great...and they do not know when this domain will resume service...

Oscar
    Last edited by oscar; January 12th, 2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: took out domain name
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread